Sign in to follow this  

2012 300sx kit?

if your just making a 250sx into a 300sx why would you need a cdi ? so you would need jug, piston, PV, head ?

if your just making a 250sx into a 300sx why would you need a cdi ? so you would need jug, piston, PV, head ?

I don't know mate but the 300 kit comes with a cdi.

I don't know mate but the 300 kit comes with a cdi.

its probly a xc cdi. turning a 250sx into a 300xc. but it really aint a xc because you wont have the xc 6spd tranny, bigger tank or estart. why not just buy the 300xc bike and have the real mccoy rather than a fake ? if he wants a 300sx you dont want the xc cdi. probly need the 300 head recut to different dimensions. i would assume the 300xc has different port timing than 250sx, probly need the new jug ported accordingly. just my amatuer observations.

The sx kit comes with a special SXS head, it's basically a modified stock part for higher compression, I would imagine the cdi has the 300xc pt no's but is a tweaked unit also, you can get two versions, 300sxs for the crossers and a 300exc/xc for cross country enduro. I have the 300 sxs kit, it isn't something I just threw together but a kit in the hard parts book which converts your 250 into 300 with everything needed!

The sx kit comes with a special SXS head, it's basically a modified stock part for higher compression, I would imagine the cdi has the 300xc pt no's but is a tweaked unit also, you can get two versions, 300sxs for the crossers and a 300exc/xc for cross country enduro. I have the 300 sxs kit, it isn't something I just threw together but a kit in the hard parts book which converts your 250 into 300 with everything needed!

this must be it http://shop.ktm.com/powerparts/sxs-parts/sxs-kit-300-sx-1.html

do you know if has special porting ? i cant imagine its just a standard 300xc jug. did you happen to try your 250sx cdi with the rest of your 300sxs parts to see how it ran ?

The kit came pre installed on my bike so im not aware of any porting changes as i've yet to remove it, i believe it is a standard jug tho. Must admit im tempted to use the 250SX cdi to see if it makes a difference (my do it in a couple of days) I would have thought the sx would have a more aggressive curve than the xc. However in mxa it says the 2 bigbore kits have different cdi's, makes me wonder wether ktm have reprogrammed a stock of the shelf 300 one to add to the kits hence the stock pt no?

you would think everything about sx and xc would be different. comparing the 250 models the cdi is different and im sure the head dome is also since it has diff part #. dont know if the porting is the same. what im confused about is whats the difference of sx and xc on the 300 hard parts kit. maybe theyre both the same jug but with different heads. in pictures on the ktm site it shows the cdi to be the xc version for both kits but maybe its reprogrammed but that dont make sense. try a sx cdi if you can and report back how it works. should run alot better