Sign in to follow this  

California Need Christmas miracle. Help reinstate Daphne Greene

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuttenkid View Post

This is an important Christmas alert. Letters needed to Gov. Brown asking for Daphne Greene's reappointment to CA OHV Program.

HQ Alert (with new contact info including Sen. Joel Anderson's email)

http://thegeneralsrecreationden.blog...s-miracle.html

I have a Christmas favor to ask. Our governor is getting rid of the best Deputy Director of OHV in California ever. Go figure she's a registered Democrat too. Daphne Greene is awesome. She knows what she is doing and fights off the frivolous lawsuits filed against the OHV department. She was instrumental in getting Carnegie SVRA reopened. All OHV users need to let the Gov. Jerry Brown know this is a very bad decision. Daphne was named State Employee of the Year for 2011. Please help and open the below email letter generator fill it out and send. Also forward the below letter generator to all you can. Thanks to all. Merry Christmas.

http://capwiz.com/amacycle/issues/al...45501&queueid=58845501

Sac Bee article:

http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolalert...dismissal.html

I'm certain that Moonbeam will be listening with open ears....

I am scared of what I learned friday morning.....Daphne must stay, not to mention she deserves it as she has done an extraordinary job.

Five years ago I was looking for ways to get out of paying CA green sticker fees. Today I gladly pay the $.

Don't just blow this one off. It takes less time than a post on here. If I did not think it was serious I would not take the time to post it here several times and email as many people as possible over the last 2 days. Please help.

I'm certain that Moonbeam will be listening with open ears....

So "just give up and take it" is your motto. Good luck. How about sending a letter to moonbeam so he knows you don't approve.

I'm sure that you mean well. In the past couple of years, I have sent more emails and USPS letters and made more phone calls to politicians that I have in the first 58 years of my life.

Babs, Princess Di, Moonbeam, 'Bama, and similar politico's have their own agenda and usually respond with, "I appreciate your opinion and am going to do exactly as I want to..."

Kind of difficult to believe in our leaders, especially in CA. BTW, I did send my opinion on Daphne to Moonbeam. Have not heard back. I am breathlessly waiting for him to act on my valuable opinion....

I don't expect to hear back from the Gov., but I am hoping that my efforts and yours, will help, along with thousands of others doing the same. Hopefully, showing the Gov. the collective dislike for his stupid decision to get rid of someone who is actually making a difference. I myself have spent a lot of time and effort for similar causes and it does make a difference weather you believe it or not. Just because the politicians don't line up to validate our opinions to us personally does not mean they aren't listening. If enough people let it be known we are not in approval it can change a politicians decision. Thank you for taking the time to send correspondence to Gov. Moonbeam on this matter.

I don't believe for a second that Moonbeam or any of the other egomaniacs care one bit about we think. I will join the fight. I just fear that these people and their arrogance would not allow anyone without deep pockets to affect their decision (decisions). Maybe even our opposition will have the opposite effect:excuseme: Moonbeam is a member of the Church of Global Warming and we are just fossil fuel burning lunatics that tear up the precious natural resources of our great state in addition to killing the Polar Bears.........Rant over let me get to sending out more emails:banghead: Even Moonbeam uses TP right?

KX...

Can you spell....N A I V E?

department heads are not let go without a replacement already being chosen randomly. There is obviously a agenda at play here likely the entire ohv program shifted under dept of parks and re structured to save sallary,costs and co mingle of budgets/funds

If enough people let it be known we are not in approval it can change a politicians decision.

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, IMO, you're barking up the WRONG tree. You should be trying to change the minds of voters who voted the man in. Politicians in CA are going to do what they WANT to do. And Jerry did just that. I expected no less. Until we vote them OUT and not IN, this state (and in the big picture, our country) will continue on it's self destructive path. Letters will bounce off their walls, but they will not listen. Change at the grass roots level is what is needed before you see any change up top.

I hate to say it but CA is heading down the road where their going to pull our OHV funds into the general State Parks fund (and other completly irrelevant budgets like they have been doing for the past few years). They keep cutting our riding areas and imposing more and more restriction; however, have less and less funding for enforcement.

I write my letters and do what I can to maintain trails (and teach my kids the same). I'm a law abiding citizen, have a clean record (driving and otherwise) and try to teach my kids the same. That said, were getting to the place where if we wanna ride were going to break laws. Whether its the "new OHV map", winter closures, red or green sticker or whatevers next. . . .riding areas that we have been riding for years/generations are now closed or closing.

I'm pretty done with it. They don't have the headcount to enforce the closures and there bullshit anyway. . . Just ride. . . .

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, IMO, you're barking up the WRONG tree. You should be trying to change the minds of voters who voted the man in. Politicians in CA are going to do what they WANT to do. And Jerry did just that. I expected no less. Until we vote them OUT and not IN, this state (and in the big picture, our country) will continue on it's self destructive path. Letters will bounce off their walls, but they will not listen. Change at the grass roots level is what is needed before you see any change up top.

I kinda remember you posting the whole we gotta save Moab thread and I supported that. I guess everyone is just ready to bend over and take it.:bonk:

I kinda remember you posting the whole we gotta save Moab thread and I supported that. I guess everyone is just ready to bend over and take it.:smirk:

Different situation. And don't take it personal - I support your cause. I'm not against you or your passion to change things. Don't do like others have done and alienate those who are actually on your team and of your belief's. I just have a different perspective about what politicians will and will not listen to that's (unfortunately) based on decades of watching them smile and do whatever the #@!! they want to.

Bottom line for me personally? I believe that the sooner the state robs the green sticker fund blind, the sooner "OHV ADVOCATES" like the FOJ can stop "helping" us, and we can relax and go back to a sense of normalcy (or as close as we'll ever get). That's the day riding will start to breath again. I say let em have it. Less money for fencing us out, and paying cops overtime to write stupid tickets.

But again, that's just my personal opinion, and YMMV, and I might even be wrong, etc.. I support your cause, and have done more than my fair share of writing letters. :bonk:

(PS - my ABSOLUTE favorites are when the representative writes back and says in essence "thanks for supporting my cause" when in fact your letter was in direct opposition.) They can't even figure out what side our letters should fall on.....

PS - RE: your bending over comment..... well, I'm not gonna "take it" here. Read my signature line. More and more guys on that side of the fence these days.....

KX...

Can you spell....N A I V E?

Guess not, but I can spell LOSER which we will all be soon, if we take your attitude on issues.

Guess not, but I can spell LOSER which we will all be soon, if we take your attitude on issues.

We've BEEN losing. For at least 20 years.

What can we do now that will turn that around?

We were losing while Daphne Greene was in charge. We were losing before she was in charge. We'll be losing after she's gone. Seriously, if there is a way NOT to lose, I think we'd all be on board (or at least most of us). Honest. What is it about Daphne that will change things if re-instated? Please convince me.

So far I haven't heard any great ideas that are policy changing from any politician, OHV advocate leader, or OHV group. And right or wrong, most people don't like my ideas. :smirk: So what do we do?

Writing letters has been a long standing tradition from OHV enthusiasts. And while writing, we've lost more ground than ever. What do we do? Seriously. Do you have a proposal? I'm sincere, not dogging you.

But please understand that there's a lot of political history and water under the bridge that makes many here skeptical - at best.

Best of luck! :banana::bonk::busted:

Count me in for the revolution.

+1 for Bill's post regarding we don't mean to discourage your enthusiasm. Possibly a better word for our point of view is realist.

If there is a new plan besides the usual letter writing, phone calls, etc. that would end in a happier ending for allowing single track riding to continue legally, I believe it would receive a lot of support.

The only group that seems to get anything done is Chris Horgan and Stewards of the Sequoia. I donate to them regularly.

We were losing while Daphne Greene was in charge. We were losing before she was in charge. We'll be losing after she's gone. Seriously, if there is a way NOT to lose, I think we'd all be on board (or at least most of us). Honest. What is it about Daphne that will change things if re-instated? Please convince me.

I believe that many of us are concerned about Daphnes replacement. What sort of person is the governor going to appoint for the position? I've been very involved with the OHMVR Division and Commission for about 8 years. I'm very surprised that anyone would have stayed in the Deputy Directors position during that time. SB742 was a saving legislation for OHV. It took most of the power away from the Commission (which had a majority of its members being anti-OHV). The down side of SB742 is that the governor appoints 5 of the 9 Commissioners.

The OHMVR Division/Commission has limited power to curtail a lot of the losses that we have incurred. Most of the trail losses are on Federal Property.

Ride on

Brewster

The only thing that will ever work with politicians, is voting. Most people in CA are democrats, they re-elect democratic politicians every year, regardless of what happens. Just look at how long Pelosi, Fienstein and the rest have been in office. They can do anything they please and there are zero repercussions.

Unfortunately, I don't think most democrats will change their voting patterns, just for OHV. Most of the riders who are democrats, and there are a lot of them, especially in urban areas like the Bay Area, continue voting democratically, regardless of the closures. I think the politicians know this and ignore us for that reason.

If you write a letter, complaining to your representative, about his/her position on closing land... then go ahead and vote for them anyway, they will just laugh at you.

Still, I will write letters and try to vote them out and plan to keep fighting as long as I'm alive. I'm not a quitter. Feel sorry for those sad/depressed individuals who can't even email their senators once in a while, they probably give up on a lot more than just ohv closures...