Sign in to follow this  

2011 or 2012?

Thanks for the help on the other question. Ive narrowed it down the the 250sxf or the kx250f for sure. But now i need to know if its worth the wait and the extra cash for the 2012s, or should I just go get a 2011 now?

Ohh gee, just reading the trades, the 2012 KX250F looks slightly better, but the 2011 was amazing as well. Its a tough choice, if you need a bike now, I'd just grab a 2011.

In terms of the KTM, if you're willing to ride a Kawi, I wouldn't think about the KTM. Yea, the Kawi motor isn't exactly the most reliable thing on the planet in terms of 4 stroke 250 MX bikes, but all the pro's the Kawi has over the KTM, put the poor orange guy under the bus. I wouldn't buy a KTM 250F right now, they are in flux with the design and I feel in 2013 when the new design comes out, we'll see it become a much better bike then it is today.

Do you have an idea about when the 2012 will be available in dealers? Or does it vary for each dealer?

they have been in dealers for a while now

you should also look into the yz250f 2012, it may be carb'd but its also one of the most reliable engines out there, plus just send it to tokyo mods for a carb mod and your good to go. The kawasaki is the most race ready bike out the box i think, one thing i didnt like was how heavy it was at the dealer. Other than that it looks like a mean machine.

I am really looking to shave some good time off around the track, on the kx250f do you think the procircuit full bike mod is the way to go? Or what else is a helpful mod?

I am really looking to shave some good time off around the track, on the kx250f do you think the procircuit full bike mod is the way to go? Or what else is a helpful mod?

What do you mean full bike mod? Your only going to go as fast as your comfortable.