Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse Clutch Fibers VS OEM Stock Fibers

So my fibers are at the wear limits and my bikes getting a top end rebuild so I might as well replace them.

I have the rekluse EXP 2.0 clutch system in it.

Something I didn't realize was that there are 2 different clutch fibers in the OEM clutch.. The inside and outside fibers have a different part number than the middle ones.. When I installed the clutch I just took out the far outside clutch. It never specified if I needed to take out a middle one or not..

Rekluse says their clutch fibers are as good as OEM.. Just wondering what the real world reviews are if any?

fibers are all the same.. 22201-MEN-A10

Recluse does recomend you use oem metal plates. even those are all same part #. I have EBC fibers in one of my bikes, and OEM fibers in the other, both work just fine with the exp2.0

http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeID/26/Type/CLUTCH_/MakeID/1/Make/Honda/YearID/49/Year/2008/ModelID/8112/Model/CRF450R/GroupID/386432/Group/CLUTCH_

Look here : http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?partcategory=141814&manufacturer=3&category=3&year=2005&model=3351

#5 and # 22 both go to clutch fibers..

#5 = 22201-MEB-670

#22 = 22201-MEN-670

The difference is the MEB and MEN.. I didn't notice it till a guy I buy OEM parts from online mentioned that there were two different part numbers... Cause I told him I didn't need a entire clutch kit just 7 fibers..

Look here : http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?partcategory=141814&manufacturer=3&category=3&year=2005&model=3351

#5 and # 22 both go to clutch fibers..

#5 = 22201-MEB-670

#22 = 22201-MEN-670

The difference is the MEB and MEN.. I didn't notice it till a guy I buy OEM parts from online mentioned that there were two different part numbers... Cause I told him I didn't need a entire clutch kit just 7 fibers..

well, on RonAyers they are all the same part #, Motosport.com is all the same part # too.. (MEN) .. EBC clutch kits have used all the same size fibers. I have never measured any difference in fibers so just get what ya need as the MEN part #.

Melk,

I've often wondered about this and just figure that Mr. Honda has found that the 'feel' is better with a softer compound against the aluminum pressure plate/inner hub compared to a slightly harder compund against the steel drive plates.............or visa versa, IDK! Regardless, I've never been able to feel ANY diff putting all the center ones in.............

same part, possibly revised or from a different manufacture, or batch order, Interchangeable. At the time of manufacture both parts were probably in the stock.

the 2nd string code also indicates what model the part was 1st used in , which can help when cross referencing

Melk,

I've often wondered about this and just figure that Mr. Honda has found that the 'feel' is better with a softer compound against the aluminum pressure plate/inner hub compared to a slightly harder compund against the steel drive plates.............or visa versa, IDK! Regardless, I've never been able to feel ANY diff putting all the center ones in.............

i hear what your saying, but in any bike i have owned (and there have been lots) there has never been a different fiber called for. All are the same, my guess as some have pointed out in the recent posts above, is that the part number is now the MEN part #. Perhaps the TT store has an older fische.. no idea, but every other online fische you look at all fibers have same part #.

NOW.. metals i HAVE seen be different. My roadrace machines, yamahaR6, the outer metal has THREE seperate part #'s. This is to estabish as very specific stack height of your metals and fibers (all stacked, hold in your hand and measure with a caliper). it is very important to have a stack height of around 42mm. Any less and it slips, much more and the slipper clutch won't actuate properly. This thicker metal always goes on the top of the stack, nearest the pressure plate.

Honda CRF450r manual makes ZERO reference to stack heights.. it just gives minimum spec thickness for fibers of 2.85mm (same as an r6 ) and check metals for warpage. As far as softness of the outermost fiber on the pressure plate, plausable theory but has never been the case.