Sign in to follow this  

Need Help Electric Start wont start but kickstart does

I wonder if you have any problems like this before,

I have a 250 exc-f 2009 that will start at the first kick but when I try to start it with the electric option just sound like the engine runs and runs but wont start, the battery its just been recharged and supposed to be 100% full.

Wonder if it could be jettting or electric issue.

Thanks

That is what my 08 450 did when the tourque liminator went out.I replaced mine but there is a thread on ktmtalk and mabye here that tells how to tighten it up.I guess yours has one too.

Definitely doesn't sound like Jetting or an ignition issue, if it will fire with the kick starter. Are you sure the starter is turning over the engine or is it just spinning in place?

Definitely doesn't sound like Jetting or an ignition issue, if it will fire with the kick starter. Are you sure the starter is turning over the engine or is it just spinning in place?

Not quite sure if its just spinning in place, how couls I check that?

Remove the clutch?

I agree that it sounds more like the torque limiter but my 08 450 used to kick start pretty easy but I could barely get it to fire with the button. I had to crank and crank and crank to get it to go. I rejeted it, de smoged it and took the restrictor out of the exhaust tip and now it fires up just by breathing on the button.

Still think it is the torque limiter though. These guys have a great thread on the fix.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667644

Not quite sure if its just spinning in place, how couls I check that?

Remove the clutch?

Sorry for the delayed response.

Sounds like you have a good number of resources provided to assist fixing but, I thought I would answer your question anyway. The easiest way to be 100% sure the starter is turning over the engine is to remove the spark plug and feel for compression while hitting the starter. If you don't feel air moving in and out of the cylinder, then the starter is not engaged.

anyone know if the newer bikes have an upgraded t l.To fix the problem that the 08 09 and some 10s had.I had 2 replaced in my 08 under warrenty and seems to be screwing up again.