Sign in to follow this  

Bike wont start after inspecting float and needle

I took my carb out and inspected my valves to check clearance and they were in spec. Then i decided to take the bottom of my carb out to check the float. I put everything back together and the bike wont start. I made sure i reconnected the wires and everything back where it was. I try to start my bike and It doent flood no matter how many times i kick.( no fuel coming out of the overflow hoses) Im stumped as to what could be the problem. Please help! I have a MX camp to go to in 3 days lol.

I didnt take anything apart persay, just looked at it. I did take the diaphram out but put it back the same way. Does a carb need to be properly filled with gas or anything like that?

Open up the bowl drain and make sure gas comes out. You may have inadvertantly moved the float valve adjustment. Took me about a 100 kicks before I figured it out.

Open up the bowl drain and make sure gas comes out. You may have inadvertantly moved the float valve adjustment. Took me about a 100 kicks before I figured it out.

yeah pull the bottom again to double check, make sure you have flow. sounds like somethings is hanging up the float in the up position.

Was the bike siting for any period of time before you did the valves? On my 450 I try to drain the gas every time it is going to sit but some times it will go a week or so. The other day I tried start her up and same thing. No fuel. The dam needle valve was tarnished just enough to hang up in the closed position. try opening the drain valve then tapping on the float bowl to see it you get the needle to break loose.

Ya it was the needle, it was stuck. Must have tarnished enough to get stuck. Thanks for the replies!