1983 xr200r timing chain rubbing

Hello, I posted a question about my aluminum grinding pieces in the oil a month or so back and said I would post a picture of the timing chain behind the flywheel, once I had it off. I finally had the time to work on that and I'll post that picture. It shows the area of the rubbing and what looks like the chain tensioner not in position, but I'm not sure. Your advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

DSCN0465.jpg

The tensioner is to the rear of the bike and looks ok. THe piece in the front that you are looking at is a chainguide and is definately out of place. Unfortunately to fix it you have to pull the head. The chain guide drops into that slot you see there and also a slot in the cylinder between the head and cylinder. Is that peice sloppy in there?

Edited by basilfaulty
typo

It isn't sloppy now the chain guide or the chain. I tightened the chain with the tensioner before I took the flywheel off, actually before I thought I'd remove the flywheel. Wish I hadn't done that now, because the chain doesn't come close to that grinded area now, but that's pushing it by hand. I don't know what is happening with the engine running. I think I better pull the head to get it right. Thanks