Sign in to follow this  

Fuel Stabilizer

Hi all,

I just put way to much fuel stabilizer in my bike because It has to sit for a few months while i am away, is this a bad thing. It says 10ml in 3L. I put about 25ml in a CRF tank which is like 1.9L :bonk:

Before my last deployment, I used stabil...it recommended xx amount for 6 months and 2x xx amount for 12 months. I was going to be gone for 18 months so I doubled the larger amount. Just drain that gas before putting the bike back into service.

Don't forget to drain the carb.

Option 2 is drain the whole fuel sys carb and tank. The tank is plastic and cannot rust, rusting is the reason metal tanks should be stored full.

I am going to be gone 4 months. It is EFI so no carbs to drain. I just poured out 3/4 of the fuel that was in it and topped it back up with fuel and added the correct amount of stabilizer.

I am going to be gone 4 months. It is EFI so no carbs to drain. I just poured out 3/4 of the fuel that was in it and topped it back up with fuel and added the correct amount of stabilizer.

4 months isn't bad. When you get back, drain the gas (dump it into your car) and refill with fresh. You'll be all set. You should change the engine/tranny oil before you go too.

Draining the entire fuel system is the best way to go for storage.

JayC

Thanks guys,

I have heard so many conflicting stories so not really sure anymore. I was under the impression that draining the whole system can dry out o-ring and damage the fuel pump. Also I read somewhere that with a closed EFI system the fuel does't evaporate and varnish like it does in carbed bikes. I always drain them. ( I already did the rest of the dance). I think the real solution is to quit working and move to Southern US and ride all year. Whattaya think ?

Thanks guys,

I have heard so many conflicting stories so not really sure anymore. I was under the impression that draining the whole system can dry out o-ring and damage the fuel pump. Also I read somewhere that with a closed EFI system the fuel does't evaporate and varnish like it does in carbed bikes. I always drain them. ( I already did the rest of the dance). I think the real solution is to quit working and move to Southern US and ride all year. Whattaya think ?

Come on down!:bonk::ride::smirk::ride::banana::ride::busted::ride::awww::ride: