Sign in to follow this  

help me decide please

here my situation, i have a 2007 kx450f, new to mx at 30 yrs old, rode the track 11 times this year. I am looking to race the full season next year but i have been contemplating selling the 4t for a 250t. i would like to hear from guys who have experience riding both. im 6'4 180lbs, i felt the 4t wasn't owerpowering, but i had a hard time leaning the pig into corners, it wore me out. was thinking the 250t would be quite a bit lighter and could help me improve more. i've had a 125 about 10 yrs ago and have never ridden a 250t, i know they have more of a hit, which can be toned down, so which would you guys reccommend?

I'm all into the 2-strokes mostly due to lighter weight and just how much easier the 2-strokes turn. I fell like I along for the ride on 450's my last one being a 07 450R Honda. It was a a great bike but I just have more fun on the 2-strokes. I picked up a new 08 Husky CR125 as a "play" bike. Now it's a 144 and just so much fun the honda has been long gone. Since then I've added a 2010 GasGas 300 as a play bike. I don't race but ride more MX than trails. Since I'm riding for fun I want to have fun and the 2-strokes allow me to do that and without worring about valve adjustments and big repairs. I got my son a new 2011 TM 250 MX this year and talk about light weight and POWER wow this thing is pure breed race machine.