Sign in to follow this  

ADVICE PLEASE!!! Thief Cracked my Cylinder and Head trying to STEAL...

I have a 2001 KTM 250 MXC that just recieved the first piston change/top end(LIKE NEW BIKE)... A few weeks ago my home was broken into and my bikes were the mission!( 01 KTM 250mxc, 03 KX 125)... To their suprize I had anchors in the garage floor with a Thick Coated Cable run through the Bike Frames. Finding this I guess in desperation they begain beating on the lock with a hammer cracking my cylinder and cylinder head:bonk:. Is their a method for welding and repairing case damage to the outside of cylinder(did not make it to water jets? Also will Replating the head fix repairs? The cylinder sleeve is smooth and was just honed with only start up on new piston! I am looking Cheapest yet QUALITY Repair possible! I have to purchase a new cylinder head for sure which OEM is $110 bucks but can't afford a OEM Cylinder which cost $900 plus!!! I WOULD LIKE A Cylinder Head that is BILLET? My KX125 has a VHM Head that was on it when I purchased it but they are Exspensive? Phathead has Billet heads but not for my Bike that I seen on Lukesracing.com! ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE AS TO THE CYLINDER REPAIR AND ALSO POSSIBLY A BILLET HEAD PURCHASE? ANY HELP OR ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!! ALSO THE 250 MXC Bore and Stroke are 66.4/72mm ( 00-06 250EXC, 00-05 250MXC, and 00-02 250SX models have same cylinder, head, and bore/stroke).. Thanks for any Advice!!!!!