Sign in to follow this  

Interested in 2006 wr250

Hi, everyone.

I'm currently searching for a new bike and have come across what i think is a great deal. It's a 2006 wr250, that looks in good condition and is only $3300. That is very cheap in Australia!

Problem is, Husqvarna parts are very hard to find around here and i don't know much about Husky's:bonk:

Is bike reliable? And how does it fair against a Ktm 250 exc?

I appreciate anyone who takes time out of their day to answer my question :bonk:

I have a 2006 Wr 250 and a 2010 and there is really no difference between the 2 bikes.

The2006 has been a race bike since 2006 with a ton of miles on it.just this year it finally had the lower end rebuilt but is still on the original clutch.The bike is tuff and other then rings once a year and a reed value 2 years ago the bike never breaks..What does it cost to ship one to you as i have a friend with a 2006 perfect perfect has really low miles

he wants $ 1900 Go back a few months on this for sale section and you can see it

He lives close to the export dock so it could be shipped to you

Thanks for the reply, but i'm not interested in buying overseas as i have no way of inspecting the bike before i buy it.

Super reliable, I have an 07 with 4 top ends and still has the original clutch, parts are easy to get through online. A friend of mine has a 06 and seems to have more bottom snap, porting, power valve jetting I don't know but they are good bikes

• Like 1

Well, you will be seeing me around these parts of the forum a lot more because i put a deposit on the bike today :bonk:

I took the bike for a little ride today and was surprised by how much it pulls down low. It's smoove through mid revs but flattens out up top. Everything looked pretty good on the bike, except for a few dents on the expansion chamber, but nothing big enough to cause loss of compression. The guy said that he recently put in new piston, rings and cylinder, but i will ask for recipes.

I think i will be very happy with my new bike. The banks re-open Wednesday, so hopefully i can take it home then :smirk:

Thanks for the reply, but i'm not interested in buying overseas as i have no way of inspecting the bike before i buy it.

No problem because when I talked to him today he stated he sold it already

I have had a husky te410 for 6 years and any time I need parts I email or ring Stefan at R&D husky in Sydney. Great to deal with. I am also looking at updating to a WR 300 and look forward to getting back on a two smoker!!!

I traded my '03 YZ250F for an '06 Husky WR250 a couple months ago and it's one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. You'll love it.

I have had a husky te410 for 6 years and any time I need parts I email or ring Stefan at R&D husky in Sydney. Great to deal with. I am also looking at updating to a WR 300 and look forward to getting back on a two smoker!!!

Thanks, I'll check them out.

Well i brought the bike home today and had a little ride in the paddock. Once again i was blown away by how much torque it had down low. I can easily see myself babying this bike through the rough stuff.

The front of the bike seems to want to wash out half the time, but the back end feels much more stable. Just point the Bike where you want it and the back will follow.

I've got to sort out the jetting since it's a bitch to start and i pulled the plug to find it was black and wet, but after that it should be smooth sailing.