Sign in to follow this  

warped cylinder??

Hey guys quick question. This year at the Virginia city grandprix I smashed/bent my pipe off the head of my Rm250. This was the last 20 miles or so of the race so I had to ride her back. Finally got the money and time to fix her thanks to college but do u think there is a possability the cylinder warped? It was babied but ridden atleast 15 miles without any exhaust on the bike basically.

Hey guys quick question. This year at the Virginia city grandprix I smashed/bent my pipe off the head of my Rm250. This was the last 20 miles or so of the race so I had to ride her back. Finally got the money and time to fix her thanks to college but do u think there is a possability the cylinder warped? It was babied but ridden atleast 15 miles without any exhaust on the bike basically.

You need to 'mic' the cylinder walls for roundness. I would imagine the plating is thrashed anyway, so You should probably send it out to be replated.

idk i wont be surprised if it mics out to be totally fine. The pipe pulled off about half way, if it was a 4 stroke id say its toast with how hot they run and how much backfire they require. ill be curious to see. Sob was sure loud.