What year CRF450 should I get?

im buying a CRF450R in the next few weeks, Ive found a few 04 models for around 2200. Also a few 06 ans 07 models for 2700 or so. A few 09s for 3000-3200. Im not sure which one I should get. Is there any major difference. Im looking for the most power, and biggest. Im 6'4 and 190lbs. Should I go ahead and spend the extra $$ and get the newer model or or the older ones better?? Thanks

08, hands down THE BEST 450 ever made

What makes the 08 the best? From what I have read the suspension has issues. I do like the steering stabilizer and for MX the timing change in gears probably helps. I would think throttle control could negate the gear change.

Motor is the same as 02-08 with the exception of the rev box, cams and head change in 07 in terms of power variance.

Do you mean this just from a "out of the box get on the track" bike best?

07' and 08' had the best engines with the most power. If you want a big and powerfull bike get an 11' KX450F. I rode my friend's and it had a lot more power than my 11'CRF450. I still like my Honda way better (came of an 09' KX450F), but that Kawi has serious power!

Ive found an 08 for 300, a few 04-05 for around 2300 or so, Im thinking about just spending the extra cash to get a newer one. Id really like the F/I model, i found a few over 3K. Just want something Im not going to get bored with so fast. I bought a KX450f, 06, 4 spd last year and after 3 months was tired of it, No power compared to my buddies 03 crf450r. Ive heard 05 was the best as well, not sure why?

i have rode the 06, 07, 08, and the 09. i much prefer the 06-08 bikes although the 09 felt pretty light while jumping and when you first enter the turns. the 06-08 just seems to be a better overall package. the 06 i currently have been riding has a 480 or 490 BB kit in it and i really like the power delivery (smooth and strong). the 08 i rode seemed more stable in the corners probably due to the stabilizer.

I am purchasing a 450 as soon as I sell my KTM, but Im still doing research to decide which brand and year to go with. Been thinking about the CRF either '08 or '09. I would only get the 09 if the new frame and suspension are really worth it.

-Does the 09 (w/ suspension setup) handle alot better than the 2008?

-Does the 2010 "auto decompression" cam fit in the '09, and will it make it easier to start?

-Are there any other upgrades that the 2010-12 models have that can be done to the 09 to make it better?