Sign in to follow this  

Stock 400s exhaust

Yes and no. The mounts require some simple adapting and the muffler to head pipe needs an adapter bushing for the smaller S head pipe.

Hi all again...

So, given that I've jetted my carb (for the FMF Pipe) and done the airbox mod... it's probably dumb to go backwards with the pipe anyway, right?

God I love when I come up with hair-brained ideas while surfing eBay at 2am. *** to do with this stupid E pipe now... perhaps a planter, or maybe a wall scuplture... hmmm

Thanks guys! Will repack the FMF and just shut up now.

Hal

I've got a stocker from an S collecting dust in the bay area if you are ever interested.

you could stick with your 3x3 and rejet, it will not make a TON of difference going from your pipe to the E. I went from my stock S to an RS2 and Eddie's recommended jetting was the same at 1200' elevation.

Are you looking to go quieter? What is the goal?

Goebz, yeah... just want quieter. My FMF is just getting a bit loud. Am being cheap these days, and do not want to replace it. I must have thrown the old stock pipe away... stupid. Anyway, found what I thought was a decent option on eBay only to find it's off an E... did not bother to ask, and the photo showed it to be perfect shape (and it is), just am pretty sure it's got a larger connecting pipe to the header pipe... it's possible that the FMF also has same diameter I suppose which means maybe the adapter is already in place. I just have not looked that cloesly yet... talked to a local shop about an adapter, and they were telling me that I would be running pretty rich if I went back to stock pipe... again, i did not think that far.

If you only have a slip on (not full pipe) and are still running the stock S header you will not notice much if any jetting change if you go back to the stock muffler.