Sign in to follow this  

SXF 250 oil pump leak??

Power wash her good. Pull the cover and inspect. You will need a new gasket at the very minimum. How does the bike run? Any strange noises that woiuld suggest lack of lubrication?

not sure on the 250, but the '07 450 SXF may have had some oil pump issues. I read a post on another KTM forum where a guy says you can replace a few (plastic?) pieces from the '07 oil pump, with replacement parts from the 09 or 10 pump. Apparently KTM had improved the issue on the newer pumps. May want to look into this as the 250 and 450 seem to share a lot of the same things.

Power wash her good. Pull the cover and inspect. You will need a new gasket at the very minimum. How does the bike run? Any strange noises that woiuld suggest lack of lubrication?

Bike runs Great doesnt use a drop of oil and no noise, and i replace the O ring and it may of help just a little but not much

I wonder if you knocked the cover with a rock. I did it and had to go tighter on the bottom bolts because it weeped ever so slightly with a new seal.