Sign in to follow this  

91 KX250 - Is it worth $700

Guys, just found this bike locally, met the original owner since 1991, drove it and bought it for cheap money as the owner wanted to get some cash for Christmas.

He told me it had been recently rebuilt top to bottom about 15 hours ago. Couldn't really find anything wrong with the bike except for minor cosmetics. Compression felt good, oil needed changing but wasn't contaminated with water/coolant, gears and clutch felt good.

Got it home, cleaned it up, touched up some paint. She typically fires up in about 3 kicks from cold start (40F), but my start up procedure includes tipping bike on both sides before I crank....probably need to adjust floats as I will get some gas coming out if I leave the petcock on overnight. Overall this bike goes very good....the front end wants to come up in at least the first 3 gears quite easily without effort...the powerbands feel good and you can hear those KIPS valves rattle clear as day in video.

I'm picking up 2 more MX today (RM250, CR250) so I am selling my KX, but not in a rush so I figure $700 would be a pretty good deal. Check out the vid and let me know....PS...the bike was just started and had not been run yet so it was still a little cold.

Sounds good for $700 ... why dont you just put some $ into the 91 unless the other 2 250's are newer ? I have a 96 kx250 i got for a steal very clean barely used thing rips:banana: but wud be nice to have a second bike .

I would give you $1000 if you would ship it to newfoundland.

It's been about 32F for a few days and in the middle of my RM250 rebuild and CR125 restore so haven't had much time for the KX.....however she is now starting in 1 kick....sweet. The vintage CR125 is starting right up now.