Sign in to follow this  

CS Sprocket "Fix" and the Power Mod

All-

I was planning on toying with the SM today while I was off work, so I was looking up the loctite fix and the Power Mod. I got a couple quick questions on both if someone can clue me in.

On the loctite fix, the directions say to remove the CS sprocket and nut, however when it comes time to re-install they mention spacers and o-rings? I am having computer issues, but I was pretty sure I had seen where this was JUST the CS and nut, a few drops of loctite on the splines, and bolt her back together. What spacer and o-ring are we talking about?

As for the power up....anyone have the link to the instructs that someone posted with the pics, etc? My computer is giving me fits this morning, and aside from continuously having to re-log in, I am also no seeing any of the photos on the FAQ section. I keep my SM on a battery tender, but she still doesn't seem to have the battery it should. Hoping that fix would lend a hand.

Thanks all-

Busa.

You're correct.

Clean the splines and threads, loctite , reassemble and torque.

Be careful not to let the loctite run thru the splines into the spacer and o-ring.

On the loctite fix, the directions say to remove the CS sprocket and nut, however when it comes time to re-install they mention spacers and o-rings?

The spacer and o ring behind it are mention, so you know not so use so much Loctite you let it get under the spacer and do damage to the o ring to the oil seal.

Start with removing the counter shaft nut and sprocket, clean and degrease the threads and splines using brake or contact cleaner. Remove all scale and rust. (Note, on rare occasions the sprocket may be difficult to remove due to rust or corrosion. Or if this is a used bike, a previous owner may have already done the Loctite fix. And the sprocket will likely need a small two jaw puller to remove), Remove and clean the spacer, and check the O ring behind it. If the spacer is deeply grooved or pitted / rusted. it will need to be replaced, and the seal as well.

Apply 4 drops (More is not better, if you douse the splines and the loctite gets under the spacer and into the seal area, once it sets, the seal can be damaged) of 271 to the splines of the counter shaft, just outboard of where the sprocket will rest once installed. Distribute the drops around the shaft evenly. The threadlocker tends to wick into the spline gaps, so you really do not need to slather a lot on to get the job done. Install the spacer and o rings onto the C/S, and then the sprocket. Use a drop of 271 on the counter shaft threads and install the lock washer & C/S nut.

As for the power up....anyone have the link to the instructs that someone posted with the pics, etc? My computer is giving me fits this morning, and aside from continuously having to re-log in, I am also no seeing any of the photos on the FAQ section.

If you’re not seeing photos in the FAQ, your likely not signed in. The Photos are saved and run from the TT server, so if you can see TT, you can see the pics… IF YOUR SIGNED IN.

However as there is not FAQ article on the Free Power MOD, your probable talking about a common thread link.. If so, we have no control over those pictures, as users tend to clean up or move pics in the free pic servers from time to time and break links. Do you have a link to the thread in question?

Thank you Mr. Marquez. I am hoping to have some time later this weekend to search for the thread I had originally found. That day I was looking, the site ( Or most likely my computer ) kept screwing up, and I continually had to keep logging in. Now that you mentioned that, I can't be sure if I was logged in or "lurking" when I found the one on the power up. I'll double check and keep you posted.

Many thanks!