Sign in to follow this  

Dr Mark Pinched Nerve

I crashed into a tree hard on 12-4 and my right arm was numb for about a minute, afterwards my right hand was numb for about a two weeks. Now it is mainly just the tip of my middle finger. I have been to a Orthopaedic surgen and have had X-Rays and a CTScan each showing no breaks, only that I have arthritis in my neck, which I already new, and possible stiffining of the spine. Now he wants to do a MRI. I am not a Doctor, but with a little searching on the internet I believe I have a pinched nerve between the C6 and possible C5. So far he has prescribed nothing but a wait and see. I have no problem with that other then the order for more tests. So do I need to wait until the numbness is completely gone before I ride again? Do I need to be concerned about the stiffining of the spine? I am in no pain, except for occasional when I move my head backwards quickly and then I have a sharp pain down my back and across my shoulders for a few seconds, just the numbness of the middle finger. I have been riding for riding for 42 years and I am not ready to stop just yet. Thanks Ron

Well lots of people looking but no one has any comments. I am not pointing fingers at anyone or am I trying to get into a he said she said. I am just a person who loves to ride and looking for some help. I have never been injured like this before and I just have some concerns. Like I said my Doctor has not told me anything other than their is nothing I can do that will help. I just can not accept that. Thanks Ron

I would perscribe a dose pack of medrol (steroid) for my patient and get an MRI ASAP.

Thanks for the reply. I have a MRI scheduled on 1-11. Thanks again for your answer.