Sign in to follow this  

kickstart 3 vs moto 3

Anyone see these movies yet? I watched both of them and i have to say i was not impressed with moto 3. The trailer for the film looked sweet but i thought the movie was kind of boring. The part where the three worcs riders are riding in the woods in the mountains i thought was awsome.

I thought kickstart 3 was pretty sweet. For sure a cooler movie and i found it more interesting overall. the only thing that pissed me off about this movie was about 40 mintues into it, they start rolling credits, then finish it off with stupid helmet cam footage and other garbage.

You can buy moto3 for 9 bucks on itunes and rent kickstart for 4 bucks i think it is also. kickstart is worth the rental

The thing that has killed the kickstart movies for me is the horrible music choices. I love hearing good music with good videos, but Transworld picks the bottom of the barrel when it comes to the music in there videos. Is Kickstart 3 any better?

Seen Moto 3 and to me (and I am actually a big fan of electronic music) is that the Barcia segment had so much potential, then they managed to make it semi- boring with the generic electronic tune that had no melody to it at all. At least the last 30sec. of his segment they switched to some corny rap song. The Washington woods segment was probably my favorite. And warning but the only national motocross footage is GoPro stuff. Over all I liked it but wished so much more out of it. It was well filmed and pretty well edited but it's just missing the wow factor.

Seems motocross movies have lost the ability to amaze me though. Miss the Terrafirma days, even though I was so young.

looking for more feedback from people who've seen both... bout to pull the trigger on one or the other

Only seen moto 3 but I just bought both, they haven't come in yet though. I'd buy Moto 3 over the other just out of the fact that I have a strong hunch it's better filmed and put together, plus its and hr in length Kickstart 3 is like 40 min.

Anyone see these movies yet? I watched both of them and i have to say i was not impressed with moto 3. The trailer for the film looked sweet but i thought the movie was kind of boring. The part where the three worcs riders are riding in the woods in the mountains i thought was awsome.

I thought kickstart 3 was pretty sweet. For sure a cooler movie and i found it more interesting overall. the only thing that pissed me off about this movie was about 40 mintues into it, they start rolling credits, then finish it off with stupid helmet cam footage and other garbage.

You can buy moto3 for 9 bucks on itunes and rent kickstart for 4 bucks i think it is also. kickstart is worth the rental

who rents it?

I've only seen Moto3, but it is a pretty good moto movie. As stated, the Washington mountain segment is awesome, and I also like the Mexico segment. Pretty sweet. Endurocross and Motocross segments are kinda lame.

Just go on iTunes and you can watch both movies for 15 bucks Moto 3 is ten bucks to buy and kickstart 3 is 5 bucks to rent on iTunes.

I thought kickstart was much better but if you have iTunes I would just watch them both. Moto3 does a good job showing more aspects Of moto like Mx, woods, riding, endutocross and so on but I was not impressed overall. Kickstart is just a cooler and better movie all around in my opinion and more entertaining but is shorter.

Only 2 things;

Moto3 is 60 min long and is well made.

Kickstart3 is 30 min long and is not of the caliber of quality that Moto3 is.

So if you wanna waste $30 bux on a DVD, buy Moto3. There are some unbelievably kool shots in Moto3, wire cam, tuns of helicopter, stuff that has literally never been done before. The Barcia sequence (if it had different music in it) would be probably the best piece of motocross action ever filmed, PERIOD! Sadly, the editing and music don't justify the footage they captured, which is epic!!!

I think if you're a motocross/trail guy and have done both, you can relate to almost everything in Moto3 from the fun play riding segment in the woods to the Shane Watts section with his pa, which is just nice.

People who complain about Moto3 over-all need to get their head examined, it is a step above everything else I've seen and I've seen pretty much everything. :bonk:

Only 2 things;

Moto3 is 60 min long and is well made.

Kickstart3 is 30 min long and is not of the caliber of quality that Moto3 is.

So if you wanna waste $30 bux on a DVD, buy Moto3. There are some unbelievably kool shots in Moto3, wire cam, tuns of helicopter, stuff that has literally never been done before. The Barcia sequence (if it had different music in it) would be probably the best piece of motocross action ever filmed, PERIOD! Sadly, the editing and music don't justify the footage they captured, which is epic!!!

I think if you're a motocross/trail guy and have done both, you can relate to almost everything in Moto3 from the fun play riding segment in the woods to the Shane Watts section with his pa, which is just nice.

People who complain about Moto3 over-all need to get their head examined, it is a step above everything else I've seen and I've seen pretty much everything. :bonk:

My thoughts exactly! Very very well filmed, lots of time consuming and advanced techniques were used. However I find the editing falls slightly short in comparison to the actual footage. Overall a lot of effort and time was put into the movie, and it shows. Just not executed to its fullest potential. Just my opinion though, as I have little expertise on videography.

My thoughts exactly! Very very well filmed, lots of time consuming and advanced techniques were used. However I find the editing falls slightly short in comparison to the actual footage. Overall a lot of effort and time was put into the movie, and it shows. Just not executed to its fullest potential. Just my opinion though, as I have little expertise on videography.

Its an experiment, I mean they COULD just hire a filmmaker to make these movies, but instead they try to become filmmakers themselves and they're getting better for sure. I can't wait to see what they do with Moto4! heh :bonk:

I just pulled the trigger on Moto 3 after watching a clip on Youtube. Thanks for the info on kickstart3. I'm not into the 30min vids as much. Although if it's good it's good. How are kickstart 1 and 2 and How are Moto 1 and 2? Are they all worth spending the money for them? They all are not cheap. The Moto 3 is what $28 or so?

This clip alone was worth it to me as I'm an offroad guy first these days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUsLosZSYcY

Cool clip Thanks for sharing .

I just pulled the trigger on Moto 3 after watching a clip on Youtube. Thanks for the info on kickstart3. I'm not into the 30min vids as much. Although if it's good it's good. How are kickstart 1 and 2 and How are Moto 1 and 2? Are they all worth spending the money for them? They all are not cheap. The Moto 3 is what $28 or so?

moto 1 and 2 are phenomenal!! i would put destry and taylors segment in moto 3 up there with nathan woods' in moto 1. the kickstart series are lame. i have the first two and think i only watched them once bc it had nothing in it that made me want to go back and see it again. i like videos that get me jonesing to want to go out and ride. i have a goal this winter to go find that exact trail that destry and taylor were on. i know the area but not where that piece is at.

Haven't seen Kickstart 3 yet, but the film work and editing are very un-inspiring in the first two. Transworld relies on their "star power" rather than actual filming techniques, editing etc. to sell videos. Have both on iTunes because they were cheap, but I've only watched each one once. where as I've seen both Moto movies quite a few times. Kickstart movies in the past are pretty much practice footage of the top guys with an interview on the side. Nothing special to me IMO.

Ok here is THE LIST (rating out of 4 stars):

Transworld Stone Spray Sandwich **

Transworld Why **

Transworld 6 ***

Transworld Crush **

Transworld Kickstart 1 ***

Transworld Kickstart 2 ***

Transworld Kickstart 3 **

Moto 1 **

Moto 2 ***

Moto 3 ****

Verb Moto Epic ****