Sign in to follow this  

HS race in the jungles of BC Go Pro

Here's some footage of a race on some really ugly terrain. Roots, rocks, ruts and some more roots. Thick jungle like bush and terrain on the coast, trials bikes typically do well...

Wasn't my best race as you can see from the start. Went on to DNF from a cooked clutch on the bottlenecked hill at the end of the vid. I posted that vid earlier, race was in September, but here's the first 20 minutes of the race.

Bored, not being able to ride has me editing videos :bonk:

Nice vid!! Where was that tribal?? Kamloops?

Nice trails.

I need to get up to BC this spring. We don't get the HS races in the good stuff anymore...just enduro. They closed/regulated them away. What race, and where is that?

Nice trails.

I need to get up to BC this spring. We don't get the HS races in the good stuff anymore...just enduro. They closed/regulated them away. What race, and where is that?

Welcome anytime :bonk:

Thats in Squamish, close to Vancouver. Race is the Cat Scratch, May 6th next year.

http://www.dirtbiker.ca/racing/races

The place I would really recomend you checking out here is Onion Lake, the mecca of woods riding. The race there "the Monkey Wrench" is a 60 mile cross country, 1 loop with a remote gas stop.

Here's last years race.

Tribal, me and you have to get together and go riding, when you available to ride? I went out yesterday, little bit of snow on the ground but the ground isnt frozen. I found a golf cart out on my ride yesterday!

Tribal, me and you have to get together and go riding, when you available to ride? I went out yesterday, little bit of snow on the ground but the ground isnt frozen. I found a golf cart out on my ride yesterday!

Always game for someone else to ride with :bonk:

I rode about 5 days ago out Lillooet way, very limited, but no snow. I actually laid out a really nice race training loop the other day out there, a couple days of chainsaw work here this week and I should have it up and going.

I'm keen to get in a couple rides here. I'm free (well shift work wise anyways) untill mid January.

Wanted to try a little arenacross but of course all those dates are while I'm away at work.

Here's some footage of a race on some really ugly terrain. Roots, rocks, ruts and some more roots. Thick jungle like bush and terrain on the coast, trials bikes typically do well...

Wasn't my best race as you can see from the start. Went on to DNF from a cooked clutch on the bottlenecked hill at the end of the vid. I posted that vid earlier, race was in September, but here's the first 20 minutes of the race.

Bored, not being able to ride has me editing videos :bonk:

This looks beautiful! Great trails and nice vid! Can't ride because ...weather? area closed? injury?...

I'd love to ride something like this.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Welcome anytime :bonk:

Thats in Squamish, close to Vancouver. Race is the Cat Scratch, May 6th next year.

http://www.dirtbiker.ca/racing/races

The place I would really recomend you checking out here is Onion Lake, the mecca of woods riding. The race there "the Monkey Wrench" is a 60 mile cross country, 1 loop with a remote gas stop.

Here's last years race.

The Onion lake trails are nice high mtn trails, but those first trails are something I really like, but don't get enough of. The fast stuff is fun, but learnin to flow through the gnar is priceless.

I'm just coming off of a muscle tear, will be riding this week for the first time. Plan on doin BC this spring. Hoping for an early melt so trails can be cleared.

This looks beautiful! Great trails and nice vid! Can't ride because ...weather? area closed? injury?...

Probably not as geasy as your clay but must be somewhat similar terrain :bonk:

Snow and freezing rain at the moment :smirk:

The Onion lake trails are nice high mtn trails, but those first trails are something I really like, but don't get enough of. The fast stuff is fun, but learnin to flow through the gnar is priceless.

I'm just coming off of a muscle tear, will be riding this week for the first time. Plan on doin BC this spring. Hoping for an early melt so trails can be cleared.

Then you want to go to McNutt, Squamish, Chipmunk and Nickel Mine.

And more on Vancouver Island.

McNutt is as gnarl as it gets.

Yup thats Nickel Mine. The 24hr is usually on tamer terrain though.

looks great... as usual... that on the rm ?

Thanks. Yeah The RM's my baby now for sure . Can't beat the handling. She just got a complete make over.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1027743

Still on the Gas Gas?

They're taking over around here, numbers are starting to get close to the KTM's at the races.

yep.. sure am.. found an 07 mc250 pretty cheap.. still have the 01 also..

there is a big push on them.. the 12's had a hold up on air boxes, but it is fixed now..