Magura hydraulic clutch.

Hmm I don't know much about this subject, but I noticed that Magura sells a "hydraulic clutch" for my 98' cr250 and I really would like to have it this summer. Is it worth doing for my bike? I've heard that some of them aren't "true" hydraulic clutches, but if it makes my pull alot smoother than I'm all for it...

I ordered a magura hyd. clutch for my 07 450. Should be here friday. I wanted it for a hopefully easier pull because after awhile of clutching out of corners my left arm would pump up. I'll post results after I install it and try it out. It should make the pull a little easier at least.

why would the spring count matter?

it replaces the cable that is all, it does not affect the springs, the pull is always the same, no cable to stretch out, I will never go back to a stupid friggin cable clutch, it's not 1960 anymore

I have the Magura hydraulic clutch on both of my bikes, 2011 CRF450 and 2009 CRF450. The 2011 clutch is bone stock and have had no issues with it. Didn't like the constant free-play changing or the clutch lever ratio of the stock clutch lever and cable setup. This is my mx bike and doesn't really get abused that hard and doesn't have a ton of time on it though. The 2009 is my hare scramble bike and haven't had any issue with it either and it gets worked pretty hard during the 2 hour races. Just put a Rekluse Core EXP in it and tested it out today. Still like the feel of the hydraulic clutch with the Rekluse vs the cable setup. Both bikes pulled easier than stock and just never have to worry about adjusting anything. The new Magura clutches also come with a folding lever which is a nice extra feature. I'd recommend the Magura setup any day.

We have an 09 with a Magura on it ! Complete stock clutch assembly etc,,,,,,, There is 1 main ingredient. USE RED LINE LIGHT WEIGHT GEAR OIL. Change it every other oil change and you will be amazed. For us the stock clutch with the right stuff in it works awsome. Try this before doing any thing else !

Good luck

• 7 months later...

Rekluse says there is no way to set up the preload. The Magura is self adjusting. I think the KTMs have an adjustable throw out bearing that comes with their kit. The Honda setup for Rekluse is to take all the slack out of the cable and actually adjust it with some tension on it. Mine came with 6 new (heavier) clutch springs. On an already tough pull this thing is a bear now! I am going to experiment with a lifter lever and lengthen it. I started another thread on here with that. The sacrificial lifter lever just got here so I will start experimenting with that now.

• 11 months later...

I ordered a magura hyd. clutch for my 07 450. Should be here friday. I wanted it for a hopefully easier pull because after awhile of clutching out of corners my left arm would pump up. I'll post results after I install it and try it out. It should make the pull a little easier at least.

i know this is an old post but how did it work out for you?