Sign in to follow this  

Mod/Pics of 2011 250R front fender on 07 250x

It was a bit of a pain, I had to drill 2 new holes and widen the other two, but in the end it fit and looks badass!!! Completely changes the look of the bike and gives it a real updated look!! I've got the rest of the 09 fenders and color scheme goin on next. But this took a little time along w/ a new battery, PIAA headlight, skid plate and fixed the tail light! I recommend anyone wanting to update the look of your bike do this. $20 and it looks like an 11:smirk:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=97783

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=97780

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=97781

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=97782

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=97779

:bonk:

• Like 1

Looks good mate,but im not sure about the gap that the number board covers up.From the side though looks ALOT more up to date:thumbsup:

Lol @ Jake. I'll havem on soon. I had to send back the rear fender and side number plates bc they sent me the wrong ones. @ speedy, it kinda may look wrid in the pic but in person it looks like its supposed to be there unless Ur standing right over it. I thought about that too, but the way the fender is shaped it fits in there pretty good... Well see when its all said and done with:bonk:

Lol @ Jake. I'll havem on soon. I had to send back the rear fender and side number plates bc they sent me the wrong ones. @ speedy, it kinda may look wrid in the pic but in person it looks like its supposed to be there unless Ur standing right over it. I thought about that too, but the way the fender is shaped it fits in there pretty good... Well see when its all said and done with:bonk:

I was wondering when someone would get around to dressing and older model like the new one...

Yep:pI love the number board more but cant have that without the fender:bonk:

Mounting an R front plate requires some creative use of zipties and such, the way they mount to the triples is diff.

Looks good. Only thing is where I ride the V in the top of the fender would fill with mud. Cant tell in the photos, are there channels in the top of the fender to let the slop run down the back of the fender?

Ha! Good one Speedy. You'd be suprised how much the clay in some of the coast range mountains will pack up and slow you down. I've had it pack so bad that the real wheel would not turn and the clutch would just screem.

It can flow out the 2 extra holes if any where to get on top. I ride red Ga clay and I don't see it even bein an issue that would even cross my mind. I looked at it once it was on and I see no problems at all. The bike holds clay every where. the motor, under the fenders, etc... That il lil beeee ee dip there isn't the main concern :bonk:

Ha! Good one Speedy. You'd be suprised how much the clay in some of the coast range mountains will pack up and slow you down. I've had it pack so bad that the real wheel would not turn and the clutch would just screem.

I only ride mx tracks:p so i ride on prepped tracks:smirk:Each to there own, but cant think why you would want to ride in conditions that bad:bonk:

Man its super nasty where I ride!!! Rocks, steep elevation changes, wash outs, mud, clay, water, creeks, logs, dust and even sand!! Its always wet where i ride, muddy, and just bloody rocky:foul: I can't wait to get the re-valve, the rocks here kill me!! It is 100x better on the X than it was on the mxers though...:bonk:

I only ride mx tracks:p so i ride on prepped tracks:smirk:Each to there own, but cant think why you would want to ride in conditions that bad:bonk:

I agree, to each his own. I prefer the nasty stuff. If you dont have to drag your bike up, down or thru some nasty stuff its not good riding for me. My MX days are over, BRING ON THE NARLY!

Speedy, why the X? If you only ride MX I would think you would be on an R. Fan of the button maybe?