Sign in to follow this  

Carbon Fiber Exhaust Systems

Hi,

I just got the Yosh RS-4D full carbon exhaust system for my 2012 CRF 450, and now am a little worried about the durability of the carbon silencer. Does anyone have any experience with full carbon silencers, and can attest to their durability? I am debating if I want to return it for the ti-system. Any input provided would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I've had them before. As long as you repack them when you are supposed to they hold up alright. They are more likely to crack in a crash though. I have had one crack from a crash, whereas titanium silencers just dent and bend.

i have one on my cr250.and answer racing cf-2 it think there called.

has held up awesome so fare.

this is a tough call... I really love the look of the full carbon system, but I would prefer the durability of the Ti system. I guess I need to get me a hour meter for the bike if I go carbon, and hope I dont have any endos...

I think carbon is for looks, if you're into that kind of thing. Ti would be as light and far more durable.

..a

Titanium headers really are not that durable, if you put a lot of hours on its a one season pipe. Titanium will blow apart and crack from the heat, and take one good hit and its done. Same way with carbon one hit and its done. If you ride alot aluminum and stainless is the way to go.

Titanium headers really are not that durable, if you put a lot of hours on its a one season pipe. Titanium will blow apart and crack from the heat, and take one good hit and its done. Same way with carbon one hit and its done. If you ride alot aluminum and stainless is the way to go.

I will agree that the titanium headers can be dented.. aftermarket are thinner and a little more susceptible... BUT I have an '07 kx450 and have ran the Ti header ever since new in '07 and its still fine. Brutal off-road races where the thing gets wayyyyy hot and drop and smashed etc etc.

It got a dent in it couple years ago and i filled it with water and froze it in the deep freezer and the dent came right out..still using it to this day.