Sign in to follow this  

Programmable CDI for WR

Ive been doing searches on this and not a lot of companies are offering CDIs for the WR. After research here on TT it seems the reason why is because of the voltage input from the WRs magneto is the reason. So.......

1. Is there an aftermarket programmable CDI that will work great on the WR?

2. Can you, and is it worth it, to change the WR's voltage output to work with an aftermarket CDI? (I am not using the lights but I do still use the e-start)

Dyna makes a programmable CDI for the '07 WR450's that will work on all electric start WR's (250's and 450's). They cost about $350 retail (got mine on eBay new for $270), but in your case you'll have to buy the interface cable for another $100 so you can remap yours for the 250.

Did anything change between the years? I have an 04 and websites list their cdi boxes for different lots of bikes I.e. 03-05, 06-09, 10-12.

Did anything change between the years? I have an 04 and websites list their cdi boxes for different lots of bikes I.e. 03-05, 06-09, 10-12.

Yeah, the shape of the connectors changed but the wiring remained the same. Pretty easy to overcome.

You could also swap the wiring harness. They aren't too expensive from the dealer.

Sweet!! Nothing a torch and a hammer can't take care of!!

My personal favorites are Liquid Nails and a plasma cutter!:bonk: