Sign in to follow this  

Frame swap help

so i wanna switch my 00 frame for an 03 or newer frame but guy doesnt have title and i live in wa. In wa we have to register all off road bikes(make sure it isnt stolen, etc.) etc My goal is to update all the features on my bike with more current technology, forks, r. shock, frame.

So i live in wa state how would i change the frame and still keep it legal to ride orv parks? or if i ever wanted to leave my house and ride without getting hasled by the man!

Have a good hook up on parts just no title for frame URG!:bonk:

should i look for another frame that has title? Dnt really wanna mess with buying someon elses stolen merch not sayin it is just u nvr know imho.

will the 03 r shock linkage work on my 00 frame? or just use my stock linkage for the 03 shock?

1. get vin and run it by an online search for stolen or liens on frame

2. if all clear then swap parts over

3. get appt. with WSP under pretense that you want to do "ownership in doubt" process

4. they give you a slip of paper at end of inspection that you take to DoL

5. DoL gives you 3 year registration and ORV tabs but no title

6. at conclusion of 3 years you pay small fee to get actual title.

so i wanna switch my 00 frame for an 03 or newer frame but guy doesnt have title and i live in wa. In wa we have to register all off road bikes(make sure it isnt stolen, etc.) etc My goal is to update all the features on my bike with more current technology, forks, r. shock, frame.

So i live in wa state how would i change the frame and still keep it legal to ride orv parks? or if i ever wanted to leave my house and ride without getting hasled by the man!

Have a good hook up on parts just no title for frame URG!:bonk:

should i look for another frame that has title? Dnt really wanna mess with buying someon elses stolen merch not sayin it is just u nvr know imho.

will the 03 r shock linkage work on my 00 frame? or just use my stock linkage for the 03 shock?

Can't you somehow put the tag from your 00 frame on your 03 frame? .just a thought.... just guessing ...we don't have that register offroad bikes deal here. ..Having to get a frame with a title seems a pain but I'm sure that would just solve your problem.

Can't you somehow put the tag from your 00 frame on your 03 frame? .just a thought.... just guessing ...we don't have that register offroad bikes deal here. ..Having to get a frame with a title seems a pain but I'm sure that would just solve your problem.

You could do that but you'd hafta buy a new frame from Honda. New frames come without VINs. You could keep registration and ORV tabs for previous year but you'd hafta keep the old frame laying around if ever they demanded you prove that you still had that VIN. I know, kinda kooky. :bonk: