Sign in to follow this  

putting on a seat cover.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEAM-ROCKSTAR-MAKITA-SEAT-COVER-SUZUKI-RMZ250-2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-R-B-/370567651434

i was thinking about putting this seat cover on my bike. and i have never put on a seat cover before. as you can see in the picture it has a bend it like it was folded in half. i know you gotta stretch it tight and staple it underneath the seat but do you think i could stretch it out enough to get the crease out?

any help/advise about how to do this would be awesome:thumbsup:

thanks!

Very easy to put a seat cover on. Go to YouTube and there are a bunch of videos on there that will show you how. Don't worry about that crease in the picture it will come out once everything is pulled tight and stapled. Find a strong staple gun that can penetrate the seat pan.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEAM-ROCKSTAR-MAKITA-SEAT-COVER-SUZUKI-RMZ250-2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-R-B-/370567651434

i was thinking about putting this seat cover on my bike. and i have never put on a seat cover before. as you can see in the picture it has a bend it like it was folded in half. i know you gotta stretch it tight and staple it underneath the seat but do you think i could stretch it out enough to get the crease out?

any help/advise about how to do this would be awesome:thumbsup:

thanks!

When I got mine it was the same way, just lay it out in the sun for a bit and stretch it on, mine looks factory.

It helps to warm it up. I just throw it in the dryer for a couple minutes and it makes it easier to stretch and the creases come out

Just take it to a upholstery shop, for 20 bucks they will throw it on for you, done right the first time!

i really wanna try it on my own, and i got a few staple guns to try out from my construction job, but if all else fails i will make the drive to my gramps place where he does really nice upholstery on old hot rods. i had that idea as plan 2 but i wanted to do it my self so i could email him some pictures but i want it to look nice lol!

great ideas guys thanks alot if it turns out good ill put up pics. :bonk:

I spent like 30 bucks getting mine put on. Then I saw the job two of my buddies did on one of their bikes and realized I wasted my money. I'll be taking my time and trying it myself next time. Like someone else said check the vids on youtube.

It helps to warm it up. I just throw it in the dryer for a couple minutes and it makes it easier to stretch and the creases come out

Right. And you need a good stapler. Those seat pans are hard!

Right. And you need a good stapler. Those seat pans are hard!

I use an Arrow T50 Electric model, works great.

I have used normal non electric T50 it also works, but is alot more work.

With the electric you can use the stapler to hold the material in place, then hit the button. It is harder to do that and press the stapler lever on a manual one. All the while holding alot of pressure down to make sure the staple goes in the whole way.

thanks for all the help guys! i put it in the dryer for 3 min and it went on like a glove.

looks great, im happy with it!

2011-12-30_17-47-04_936.jpg

2011-12-30_18-59-38_69.jpg

It is easy, just take your time and be patient. I did my first one trying to use a manual staple gun, gave up on that and went out and bought an electric one. The project went much better after that.

Anyone use a pneumatic crown stapler for this? I know the crown staples are not as wide, will they work?