Sign in to follow this  

How do you get on and off your pig?

I searched and found nothing. I am 6'2" with a 34" inseam and I kick the crap out of the bike swinging a leg over. Stepping on the left foot peg seems to work well before swinging a leg over, but will this hurt the kickstand over time? I am no lightweight at 275lb.

I mount it like a horse. 5’10” 30” inseam. I turn 60 in 2012, and the leg just won’t swing over the seat otherwise. Using the left peg makes it easy.

I dont understand... I am 5-9 and I just throw my leg over...? I think the kickstand is fine but it wont work on the dirt..

I'm 5'10" with a 31" inseam. I get up close to the bike, place my hands on the grips and pull the front brake lever so the bike doesn't move ( its still on the sidestand btw) and then bring my right leg up and over. The inside of my boot usually drags lightly over the rear of the seat and tool bag.

Then, while still pulling the brake lever I push the bike upright off the stand, shift myself over the seat a bit so that I can get both boots' toes on the ground and I'm all set.

5"11" here and have no problem getting a leg over the rear fender. I agree with n16ht5... if you cant get a leg over the bike without using the footpeg, you probably should stay on the hardball...

I stand on the left side of the bike, put my left foot on the left peg, Start the bike in gear with the kickstand up, let the clutch out and as the bike starts to move... I climb on. Works perfect! The peg works like a step

I stand on the left side of the bike, put my left foot on the left peg, Start the bike in gear with the kickstand up, let the clutch out and as the bike starts to move... I climb on. Works perfect! The peg works like a step

377 posts?! You got some work to do!:bonk::smirk:

I usually use the peg when i can, just because it's easier. I can get one without it, but its a stretch. When you get to be 63, you'll see what I'm talkin about.

377 posts?! You got some work to do!:bonk::smirk:

AND look at that... Member since 2002. I slack:bonk:

At 290 lbs and 5'9" From the left side. I make a short hop to get my leg over the seat with the stand up -bike slightly leaning left. I let the bike lean to the right and catch it with my right leg after it clears the seat. Start it up and ride.

start stretching...seriously...If I don't routinely throw a leg over my bike my "leg reach" diminishes,

I have a friend that never rides motorcycles or bicycles and he could barely throw a leg over a "20 bmx bike because he never used his leg muscles in that direction.

I'm just under 5' 9" myself but have no problem throwing my leg over my BRP.

6' & 230lbs. 30" inseam, over an XR250L, bike sits way high for me, use the balls of my feet at a stop sign. Have to use the peg to mount & dismount comfortably, been doing it since 1995, kickstand still as good as ever. In the mountains I may have to use any method that works though.:bonk:

I use an extension ladder,,,But seriously,,Mounting pigs happens a fair bit down Georgia way,Break out the banjos.,.

will this hurt the kickstand over time?

Very carefully. I am 5'7.5" & a 28" inseam. At 147 lbs., my bike kicks the snot outta me all the time. I am very careful at getting on & off that thing. Never be in to much of a hurry.....cuz once I get goin, any lost time is easily made up.

Kick stand was broke off mine when I got the bike just under the frame attaching piece. I welded a 14" jack handle to it, as well as a flat piece of steel to the bottom & then a short screw in the middle for the spring, & I start the bike with it on the stand & have no signs of weakening. Been doin this for 2 years. Its still there

If you guys go on a rocky hill climb and come off, how would you get on it if you have to use the stand all the time!

Im 5'7" and never used the stand to get on it...

36" inseam, plenty of flexibility so swinging the leg is no problem. But sometimes the gear is a bit tight so I'll use the left footpeg just to make it a bit easier. Especially if I'm tired and have been dropping the bike a lot. :bonk:

If you guys go on a rocky hill climb and come off, how would you get on it if you have to use the stand all the time!

Im 5'7" and never used the stand to get on it...

There's usually a rock, stump, tree root, ant hill, a ditch or some way of improvising.