Sign in to follow this  

2010 Piston 250f

Hey guys, just after some feedback what you think would be a good choice.

Rebuilding my 2010 250f.

Looking at either Wossner, OEM or maybe GYTR Hi comp piston.

Rest of the bike is stock.

I'm leaning towards OEM, I'm doing another race season and bike has about 65 hrs.

Any help would be great thnx.

im going mine soon at 70 hours. im going with oem cos i know they last. i dont trust hi comp because i dont like the extra pressure it puts on the crank and con rod. i thought about putting a 2012 oem in but not sure if it fits.

I would just get oem, I was going to get after Market high comp piston but did not want to risk the pressure on crank and rod, all genuine yamaha parts are great, I got an after Market clutch for my bike ended up using the standered yam springs to make the clutch use able, so from then on iv always just brought genuine parts.

Hey guys, just after some feedback what you think would be a good choice.

Rebuilding my 2010 250f.

Looking at either Wossner, OEM or maybe GYTR Hi comp piston.

Rest of the bike is stock.

I'm leaning towards OEM, I'm doing another race season and bike has about 65 hrs.

Any help would be great thnx.

Much depends on what your goals are. if you're racing at the highest level and really keep the rev's up you need the best piston money can buy and spare no expense. If you're a c rider and on a budget, the OEM piston will work fine and give you good performance as well as last a long time.

id go with the gytr high comp its made for the bike and they tested it and its gains more power