Kick starter problems 1995 cr 250

Hi everyone

Since i have had my cr the kickstarter has always rattled against the expansion chamber ,apparently there is a bumb stop mechanism to stop you snapping your ankle when it kicks back

Does anyone know how to fix this problem or has anyone herd of this before

Thanks heaps

I have the same problem. I was thinking about moving the kickstart lever one spline going clockwise on the shaft. This puts the end of the lever lower than the expansion chamber and above the case. But like I said, I haven't tried it yet. Maybe someone who knows for certain will post.

***This is inaccurate. See post 7 for correction.***

Edited by coopou812

3 possibilities

1) kick starter is worn out

2) pipe is bent

3) kick starter assembly alignment dots are not aligned inside the cases

I've had 1 and 2 on my bike before and 3 on a friends bike who had someone else put it together for him. I don't know what the frame and pipe clearances look like on the 95s but these are my experiences with the 2nd Gen aluminum framed cr

I have the same problem. I was thinking about moving the kickstart lever one spline going clockwise on the shaft. This puts the end of the lever lower than the expansion chamber and above the case. But like I said, I haven't tried it yet. Maybe someone who knows for certain will post.

Oops, I got this backwards. I meant to say move the kickstarter one spline counter clockwise on the shaft. The end of the kickstarter will clear the expansion chamber and rest below the tank. This would shorten the kicking stroke. Again, I haven't tried it.