Sign in to follow this  

2012 200 XC-W Lights

Looking for some feed back on the simplest and least expensive way of putting a simple headlight and tail light on this bike. Not that concerned with quality.

Thanks!

Looking for some feed back on the simplest and least expensive way of putting a simple headlight and tail light on this bike. Not that concerned with quality.

Thanks!

Then you need to use your imagination and be willing to do some of your own fab work. And to keep costs down, consider lighting that's not motorcycle specific. The kind of "Feedback" that encompasses is too great to start a new thread on for ideas when there's already lots out there for the Googling.

In the long run tho, you end up spending more time, more money and have more frustration trying to fab up something cheap that works, is reliable and doesn't turn your wiring harness into a rats nest, than if you were to just buy something that is plug n play in the first place.

One place where you can put together your own kit.

http://www.procycle.us/dskits/dskit.htm

I understand your dilemma tho. I'm going thru it myself right now. Trying to bring myself to be able to justify spending 8k on a new 2012 300 xc-w. You get it home, find you want or need accessories while you've already spent 8k on it as is, so you try to cheap out. Been there, done that. No more. I make sure I'm committed to justifying whatever I want/need to go with it after the "initial" purchase before I jump in.

I felt the same way after dropping $$$ on my new bike. I had to get lights in order to ride it legal on the street. Dual Sport rides and enduros around here require headlight and tail light.

EE lights are plug and play. You might consider the brake light switch also since there are actually two sets of lights in the taillight.

Acerbis makes a universal LED taillight & I have a universal headlight, IDK who makes it, one of the plastics companies I think. Straps onto the fork tubes w/gthick rubber straps. Did my own wiring harnes (2008 250XC) in all of 20 minutes.