Sign in to follow this  

2012 riding resolutions?

Ok, so every year everyone is supposed to make commitments & pledges to start their new year. What are everyones riding goals for 2012?

Mine are; I will change my engine oil at least every other-other month, clean my air filter a few times for 012, not wait to change my rear knobby until everyone starts to ask if I ride supermoto and the most important one is clean a nasty section of terrain that seems to look at me as Tito Ortiz every time I ride into this section of forest I have appropriately named "Liddell"...lol.

My resolution is to try harder to stay on the bike and not fly through the air and end up in plaster for weeks with broken bones !!!

Ride more :smirk:

Im good on maintenance ... clean air filter , chain , change oil religously , grease lube etc etc ... i have come to learn that maintenance is the KEY to a happy bike and rider :bonk:

Happy New Year !

i have a few jumps at my main riding track that i havent attempted yet. Those are getting done this year!

Just work on my weaknesses and get faster. There are a couple key races that I would really like to win this year....

have more control in the air, bike goes sideways at times and i freeze. Also work on flat turns

I am planning on hitting up some new out of town riding areas I wanted to do last year but never got around to going to. Also to stay injury free as much as possable, was out of commision twice recently 1 ribs (hockey) and 2 ankle (trails).

I am planning on hitting up some new out of town riding areas I wanted to do last year but never got around to going to. Also to stay injury free as much as possable, was out of commision twice recently 1 ribs (hockey) and 2 ankle (trails).

sounds like maybe your resolution should be some better boots!

My goals are to finish the build of my new-to-me 05 yz250, get in better shape, and enter some local HS races:ride:

sounds like maybe your resolution should be some better boots!

I ride with SIDI Crossfires, cant get much better than that IMO. Even with the best gear sometimes sh*t happens.

I want to be able to ride more than a few laps before dropping the anchor. I've gained almost 15 lbs since i started my new job last year and it's taking its toll on the track. I used to ride bmx and go to the gym all the time but when i get home from work i'm too damn tired. the only exercise i get is moto once a week. that needs to change

^ try working out in the morning, I recently switched to that and I feel invincible all day afterwards. So much more energy.

My goals are to podium my supermoto races, get in better shape, suck less at wheelies, suck less at dirt biking and hit jumps with more speed. My main focus is supermoto but I should get better on all terrains while I'm still fairly young.

^ try working out in the morning, I recently switched to that and I feel invincible all day afterwards. So much more energy.

My goals are to podium my supermoto races, get in better shape, suck less at wheelies, suck less at dirt biking and hit jumps with more speed. My main focus is supermoto but I should get better on all terrains while I'm still fairly young.

+1 during the summer i always used to go out and ride my bmx bike for 10-30 minutes but up hills and stuff to push me in the morning. the rest of the day feels like i just drank a redbull. It sucks getting up, you feel so tired, but once you get going you feel energized