Sign in to follow this  

2006 CRF230F Jetting w/ Power up Kit

What size jets would I need to order for my 2006 Crf230f? I am removing the exhaust baffle, airbox snorkel and ordering the honda power up kit http://www.powersportsplus.com/parts/detail/part/HP-16012-KPS-921.html

Riding enviroment: sea level to 1000 feet

Florida Humidity 30-90%

Temps: 75-95 F

Bike runs perfectly now, maybe a little lean, I know you have to richen up the jetting when removing the baffle and snorkel, just not sure what sizes.

i had a 132 main and a 45 pilot on my 09 CRF230F, some think that is a bit rich, and only do a 120 main, but my 230 ran like a freaking beast, was a big step up in power from stock.

i also removed the air box snorkel, the exhaust baffle and changed the stock air filter to a UNI air filter, twas a great bike.

i wouldnt change your needle. the after market needles simply taper down differently than your stock ones. then they give you the jets that you should run to get your jetting close. with the proper technique and a little time you can get just as much power and maybe a little more than your tipical kit by using a stock needle and the right jets. i would imagine that you would want to go a lot richer. i would first try running like a 107 main

Start with stock needle, clip on #3, 120 main, 42 pilot, 1 1/2 fuelscrew.

If you are rich or lean on mid-range and up, adjust needle clip up or down, then re-test and re-adjust as needed. If you run out of clip positions, go down or up on the main one size, then put needle clip at #3 and start over.

:bonk::smirk: