NEWBIE= ? about 08crf250x

I have had basic trail bikes with little to no after market parts.

My 1st ? is about Triple clamps. I bought it with BRP on it and also have the stock 1. Whats the differance between stock vs. BRP triple clamps, and Y should I run 1 or the other.

2nd? When I 1st got the bike I rode the the bike 5 days striaght with no problem, the next weekend my cluch seems to slip a little, is this an adjustment problem or does the cluch need to b replaced? I was told it had a racing cluch in it, also heard that they go through cluches...

Any help anyone can give would b helpfull.....

ThANKS

What offset are the triple clamps? Brp offers three 24 (stock), 22 and 20. As you decrease the offset the bike will want to turn in faster, the flip side of the coin is loss in high speed stability. If you are riding single track this may be a good trade off, Not so good for open areas like fast desert. Most people just raise the forks a few MM in the stock triples to do this...If you already have them, and you are happy with the turning/stability characteristics I would keep them on.

My bike is an 06 with 150 hrs and the stock clutch is going strong...

What offset are the triple clamps? Brp offers three 24 (stock), 22 and 20. As you decrease the offset the bike will want to turn in faster, the flip side of the coin is loss in high speed stability. If you are riding single track this may be a good trade off, Not so good for open areas like fast desert. Most people just raise the forks a few MM in the stock triples to do this...If you already have them, and you are happy with the turning/stability characteristics I would keep them on.

My bike is an 06 with 150 hrs and the stock clutch is going strong...

So when I adjust my stock triple clamps, if i move the forks up in the clamp, whats does that do and same for if I lower them? Turning, stability, etc...:bonk:

So when I adjust my stock triple clamps, if i move the forks up in the clamp, whats does that do and same for if I lower them? Turning, stability, etc...:bonk:

Most of the time the forks are mounted flush in the triples, top of the fork even withe the top of the triple...so it would be hard to move them down. But moving them down would make the bike more stable at speed, slower to turn in and push the front end more when you try to turn. Think sport bike and cruiser, sport bike the wheel is closer to the main part of the bike = raising the forks, cruiser the front wheel is farther from the rest of the bike = lowering the forks.

When raising the forks try 1-2 mm at a time, I have mone 8 mm higher than stock.

I run mine nearly touching the fat bars:lol:Turns in great,stable at speeds.My mate did run tham flat with the top clamp, and i just f.cked about with the height till happy.Im no expert but i have seen fast guys at the track with them on the r models that high:ride:

Most of the time the forks are mounted flush in the triples, top of the fork even withe the top of the triple...so it would be hard to move them down. But moving them down would make the bike more stable at speed, slower to turn in and push the front end more when you try to turn. Think sport bike and cruiser, sport bike the wheel is closer to the main part of the bike = raising the forks, cruiser the front wheel is farther from the rest of the bike = lowering the forks.

When raising the forks try 1-2 mm at a time, I have mone 8 mm higher than stock.

Nice, thanks for the tip. The bike turns great, alot better than my kxf, but not quit as sharp as my rmz. I'll try 2mm at the time and see how it feels. I'm sure 2-4mm is all I would go bein that the bike already turns really well and feels good at high speeds..:bonk:

I run mine nearly touching the fat bars:lol:Turns in great,stable at speeds.My mate did run tham flat with the top clamp, and i just f.cked about with the height till happy.Im no expert but i have seen fast guys at the track with them on the r models that high:ride:

When you get them that high you start getting the rear of the bike higher than the front, which for most folks leads to handling problems, that is why there are triple clamps with different offsets. They change the handling characteristics without upsetting the bikes stance......BUT, if it works for you and your riding style, Great.

That's why I tell people to go a MM or2 at a time til it starts handling worse then go back to the last setting.

When you get them that high you start getting the rear of the bike higher than the front, which for most folks leads to handling problems, that is why there are triple clamps with different offsets. They change the handling characteristics without upsetting the bikes stance......BUT, if it works for you and your riding style, Great.

That's why I tell people to go a MM or2 at a time til it starts handling worse then go back to the last setting.

I no it seems crazy but it works well for me:lol:Im changing headstock bearing atm so might lower forks slightly just to see:smirk:

Thanks for the info. Im starting to understand!! How do I know what triple I have on, is it marked on the clamp? Mainly ride desert, rocky stuff, and some single track, and theres whooops everwhere I ride

That I am not sure of...but I would think they would have the degree or at least a part number on them. If it has the part number you could Google it, look at BRP's site or call them. Hope that helps.