Sign in to follow this  

Throttle valve stucked in the upeer position

Hi guys,

Today I installed a FMF muffler and a megabomb and when I was tuning the bike for this new set up, my frind´s son bliped the throttle when I was changing the needle position.

The throttle valve (slide plate) stucked in the upper position and I can´t release it. Is

there anything that I can try without disassemble the bike to take the carb out?

Thanks

Mauricio

Are the throttle cables disconnected? Are you sure it's the slide that's stuck and not the cables or throttle tube? If it is in fact the slide then take the side cover off the carb, disconnect the cables and see if you can't rotate the cam and wiggle it back into place. Is the throttle stop screw installed? Sometimes when that is removed it goes past center and doesn't want to come back without working it back.

i had a kx125, i know its not the same bike but. i did a needle adjustment and after that i once pinned the throttle it got stuck wfo(very scary) i took the carb back apart and found that somehow i bent the needle ever so slightly and it was catching on a lip where it rides. im not shure if thats an option on the 4 stroke carb but its something to check if the cable isnt the problem.:bonk:

The throttle cables and throttle screw are in place.

I was with the side cover and the top cover of the carb disassembled. If you blip the throttle without the carb´s top cover, the slide gets stuck in the high position. I think that the spring behind the throttle shaft gets out of the position and it isn´t allow the cam to came back to correct position.

I think that I will have to take the carb out to solve the problem

Thanks

Mauricio

yup, take it apart from the top and it will make sense. sometimes those little rollers get out of place. make sure you get it fixed and feel confident because you cant have that happening while running!