Sign in to follow this  

Howcome everyone removes the plastic counter sprocket cover from there RM?

Is there some sort of advantage by removing the plastic cover? i notice a lot of RM's do not have it at the counter sprocker, why?

i remove that cover from all my bikes. i only do it because i find that in muddy conditions in trapps mud dirt and grime on the chain and sprocket, and is hard to clean out. i feel like the chain clears junk off of it much easier without it.

Yup, its a mud trap. It holds mud so well in fact that the pressure washer can't get to it. I took it off so many times to clean underneath it I just chucked in the spare plastics box...

A few times I had rocks that get stuck there and the chain would rub against the rocks.

oh wow, i didnt know. i will leave it as is without the plastic cover. just curious, does anyone know if there should be 2 small washers behind the case saver and the case itself? i noticed that if i leave out those 2 washers that between the case saver and the case, the case saver touches the case in the middle. whats the right way??

You should position the spacers so that the case saver rides exactly down the middle of the chain

i remove that cover from all my bikes. i only do it because i find that in muddy conditions in trapps mud dirt and grime on the chain and sprocket, and is hard to clean out. i feel like the chain clears junk off of it much easier without it.

+1

The cover goes but the steel guide stays.

I was about to buy the cover and this thread made me realize why I bought the bike without it :bonk::ride:

i remove my covers as well, but that's because the chains i use are bigger than other o-ring chains, so first time i used this chain it hit my cover, pulled out the bolt and made a hole in my engine :bonk:

****ing piece of shit covers