Sign in to follow this  

please help me with this carb

2008 ktm 250 sxf.

it will not take any kind of throttle. it starts fine. revs nice and fine if u twist the throttle slow. but if you go idle to 1/2 or 3/4 it bogs like no tomorrow.

when you pull the 17mm plug from the bottom of the bowl ... i pulled all three jets to see if any were clogged, i also sprayed it down with WD. not any better...

now what? thanks

2008 ktm 250 sxf.

it will not take any kind of throttle. it starts fine. revs nice and fine if u twist the throttle slow. but if you go idle to 1/2 or 3/4 it bogs like no tomorrow.

when you pull the 17mm plug from the bottom of the bowl ... i pulled all three jets to see if any were clogged, i also sprayed it down with WD. not any better...

now what? thanks

Your accelerator pump is not working. You need to pull up the subframe and watch to see if it is spraying inside the carb when you twist the throttle. You probably have a clogged apump nozzle.

i checked the three jets in the bowl. they are not clogged. the accelerator pump nozzle is not clogged, and is working well. i checked the valves, they are in spec. and i even tried cleaning the plug up. ( im going to get a new plug in town today)

the bike starts right up and idles fine. from idle if u quickly spin to half throttle it falls right on its face, and will stall out if i dont let off quick. but if u are giving it gas...just off idle...then spin to half throttle it revs nice quick and sounds right. also if u progressively twist the throttle slow it revs nice too.

any thoughts? could there be a pulse line or vacuum line clogged or damaged? idk, thanks

Did it spray all the way into the head, missing the slide every time?

yes it did, no obstructions in the stream

Are you testing on the stand or riding?

stand. the bike never had a problem like this. i was riding in prob early october and i noticed it all of a sudden. at that point i hadnt put the winter jetting in and i thought that was the problem. I bought a 350 and parked the 250. i put the winter jets in this week and it no different in behavior.

i pulled the bowl apart and everything in there. i was looking for little fibers like i used to pull out of the jet ski carbs but i didnt see anything like this. i will admit it is my first time inside the FCR. I did notice muddy water when i disconnected the hotstart, but would that cause this?

i need a T20 long and skinny with the tamper proof end for go any further. anyone have any advice with know problem areas with this thing? thanks

i got the carb apart and i understand the re assembly so far. however i did notice this guy on my paper towel and am not sure where its from:excuseme:

mailgooglecom.jpg

Looks like a needle roller from a bearing......

Are you sure that this is a bog (carb related) not a miss (ignition related)

If you get it all back together and the problem is still there, post back with the symptoms.

thanks krannie. it could be from a U joing i did a while back, but this just showed up on my paper towel while i was working....

ill get it all together, and report back. thanks everyone

ok guys im tracking that the other piece i posted is prob a needle bearing from a U joint. But im confident that this one is from the carb haha. its not the o ring that goes on the housing of the accelerator pump cover. any ideas? thanks

mailgooglecom-1.jpg

i kno that theres a spring that goes on it. i am not sure if this o ring and washer get seated in there too or not

i kno that theres a spring that goes on it. i am not sure if this o ring and washer get seated in there too or not