Sign in to follow this  

350 xc-f gearing

I was wondering what everyone is running for sprockets. I just bought the bike this fall and feel that the gearing is a little tall for my riding. I run IL hare scrambles, so a little bit of everything ( technical, single track, hills, some wide open). I just dont want the gears to close so Im shifting all the time. Just like to see what everyone is running and experimenting with this 6 speed bike, likes and dislikes.:bonk:

I changed the rear sprocket to two teeth more I felt the same as you it was to tall in the gearing this made the bike much more manageable in the single track and during tech riding

I changed the rear sprocket to two teeth more I felt the same as you it was to tall in the gearing this made the bike much more manageable in the single track and during tech riding

I did the same. Added 2 teeth to the rear sprocket. Works much better for me. I also added a rekluse later which made it really awesome for slow, tight steep single track.

For eastern riding, I think the larger rear sprocket is essential for the XCF (not the "W").

I agree with the above, and I also now run 52T in the back (SunStar WorksZ Stainless Steel)- I ride woods and HS.

I didn't like the gap between 2nd and 3rd gears with the stock gearing. I switched to a 51T sprocket and like the difference. I don't feel like I am shifting all the time but like the gear spacing and the increase in low end hit. Handlebar switch in aggressive setting and yosh exhaust help as well.

I didn't like the gap between 2nd and 3rd gears with the stock gearing. I switched to a 51T sprocket and like the difference. I don't feel like I am shifting all the time but like the gear spacing and the increase in low end hit. Handlebar switch in aggressive setting and yosh exhaust help as well.

I did the same my 11 350XCF....51T (+1T), map switch on aggressive, and FMF 4.1 with mega bomb header...really brings it to life....then I added the 12 EFI map and that was another improvement!:bonk:

Hey thanks for all the options, hope some time in the future to get a full system, but for now just get my gearing how I like. Is there an advantage to going with a smaller front sprocket, like a 13-48 gearing in stead of a 14-52. Should be about the same, didnt know if there was any different besides buying an extra sprocket

Yea I was considering going with a 52, but I trying to find a way to not shorten my wheel base. Not sure how much it will shorten?

I put a 52T on mine, rekluse, FMF, map switch etc. I found I was changing between 3rd/4th way too often and have changed back to the standard gearing. I might give a 51T a try.