Sign in to follow this  

MX Rim Protectors?

How long do they last? Anyone have them on their bike? I ride trails and track and would be worried about them scraping right off from rocks or sticks on the first run out :bonk:. Are these things tough enough to stay on the rim? Heres a link to what I am talking about: http://www.graphickitsdepot.com/catalog/rim-protector-graphics/mx-rim-protector-kit-51.html

They last until the first rock scrape.......

Their like helmets then. Last long and look great until they serve their purpose...

how protective can a thin sheet of vinyl be?

Would you rather scrape your arm on a rock directly, or have your arm wrapped in vinyl first?

i like the way they look(not those in particular) I dont think they'd really protect though. Actually ive never scratched my rims now that i think of it only minor things that you cant even notice, the only time they get scratched is when were changing a tire,

How long do they last? Anyone have them on their bike? I ride trails and track and would be worried about them scraping right off from rocks or sticks on the first run out :bonk:. Are these things tough enough to stay on the rim? Heres a link to what I am talking about: http://www.graphickitsdepot.com/catalog/rim-protector-graphics/mx-rim-protector-kit-51.html

I think they would last pretty well, provided the glue can stand up to water and mud. Your rims don't really get bashed, even in rocks. I think what would do them in quick would be mud holes - mud is pretty abrasive - anybody who wiped out a complete set of brake pads in a single muddy ride can tell you that!

JayC