Sign in to follow this  

California Big desert loop Sat 31St. Stage at Cal City

Staging in California City near the prison. Single track, jeep trails, deep sand washes, pole line road.

Husky Monument, Black Canyon, a couple of remote dry lake beds, Petro Canyon, Rainbow Basin etc.

Gas range 100-110 miles. Couple of fill ups throughout the day. Lunch on the trail. Nothing technical other then deep sand and lot's of miles.

Somewhere in the 250-300 mile range. On the bikes at 7am and back before dark. Bike and rider in good shape. Not alot of stopping.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM.

Edited by slowxr

Sunday is the first. 31 is Saturday. Whats the speed of the riders? Interested if its on Sunday the first and its not with some racers

Correcton. Saturday 31st.

No racers. 40mph moving average.

Bahhhhhh I have work until 7am tomorrow.

299 miles for the day. Really nice out there. Very little wind and warm temps.

Lot's of campers in remote areas between Cal City and Yermo. Nice smelling campfires in area's I normally see no one.

Sounds like fun! I saw lots of riders out enjoying a great desert day while we were driving to Palmdale for a lunch date with my niece who is in town for the Rose Bowl. Tons of riders at Jawbone and many camp sites out in the dez on the way through Garlock Rd.

I got inspiration from it so my son and I took a blip through the hills in the Ridgecrest area today. Man did that feel good!