Jett j1 or tech 7

I usually wouldnt recommend a boot that uses a hinged design (u need a little twist or you will tear up your knee ligaments) But the Jett is a lil different because the hinged part is like an external shell.

Jetts look kinda cool and the price is pretty good.. I mean they are asking waht like $400 fo the j1's and you can it for 250. Youre getting more money off the list price, (saving 150 vs 50 on tech 7). BUT your also going with a new, un-proven boot vs the best mid range boot out there IMO.

Where the hell did you find a place to try on Jetts????

I have Tech 7s. Pieces of crap. Buckles broke on the 3rd and 4th ride respectively, so I now have duct tape as a permanent staple in my gear bag. The soles had holes in them way too soon. Despite hearing a lot of negative reviews on Alpinestars, I went for them because I like the one piece foot design. I hate that little metal clip in the front that always comes off right away.

I have some friends that are sponsored by Jett, and they really like the boots. After seeing the design and hearing about the fit, I am really wanting a pair, but I just can't find anywhere to try them on and find my size.

Another thing that sold me on them was their thinking. Apparently they released a bunch of sets to the magazines and didn't get the best reviews. Instead of putting them out to the public, they halted production, took the criticism to the designers and changed things up into the boots we can now buy. That says a lot in my book.

Where the hell did you find a place to try on Jetts????

I have Tech 7s. Pieces of crap. Buckles broke on the 3rd and 4th ride respectively, so I now have duct tape as a permanent staple in my gear bag. The soles had holes in them way too soon. Despite hearing a lot of negative reviews on Alpinestars, I went for them because I like the one piece foot design. I hate that little metal clip in the front that always comes off right away.

I have some friends that are sponsored by Jett, and they really like the boots. After seeing the design and hearing about the fit, I am really wanting a pair, but I just can't find anywhere to try them on and find my size.

Another thing that sold me on them was their thinking. Apparently they released a bunch of sets to the magazines and didn't get the best reviews. Instead of putting them out to the public, they halted production, took the criticism to the designers and changed things up into the boots we can now buy. That says a lot in my book.

You know you can send your boots to alpinestars and they will repair them? Just giving you an option. If your broke them on the 3rd and 4th ride then your doing something wrong. I got a pair of tech 10's at the beginning of the season 2011 and rode them in some of the most brutal stuff and they still look new.

You know you can send your boots to alpinestars and they will repair them? Just giving you an option. If your broke them on the 3rd and 4th ride then your doing something wrong. I got a pair of tech 10's at the beginning of the season 2011 and rode them in some of the most brutal stuff and they still look new.

Yes, I know I can send them in, but there are a couple things stopping me. First, I have already replaced the buckles and the same ones broke again. The sole wore out really fast. Obviously these boots aren't right for me. Why would I try again? Second, I don't plan on not riding for any two weeks, I need my boots, even crap ones, to ride with.

As far as me doing something wrong, how do you figure? Why is it that someone can't have an opinion or an experience that is contrary to others?

I got the J1's and absolutely love them! They are super comfortable and I have 4 rides on them now with zero signs of wear. I have the white ones and they clean up great even with just a wash clothe and "Awesome" cleaner. Haven't noticed any wear to the bike due to them and you can practically replace all the parts on the boot so you really never have to buy another boot. Also you can get some sick graphics for them :bonk:

I have a pair of J1's, and also got them because of an amazing price break. I like them but have had problems with the lower buckle. I have broke both ends of that buckle and most recently the part that holds that buckle to the boot broke so I can't even attach a new buckle. That's the weakest point of those boots imo, still would probably take them over the tech 7's, i wasn't a huge fan of those for the price.

Yes, I know I can send them in, but there are a couple things stopping me. First, I have already replaced the buckles and the same ones broke again. The sole wore out really fast. Obviously these boots aren't right for me. Why would I try again? Second, I don't plan on not riding for any two weeks, I need my boots, even crap ones, to ride with.

As far as me doing something wrong, how do you figure? Why is it that someone can't have an opinion or an experience that is contrary to others?

I only assumed ur doing something wrong because its not normal for someone to destroy a pair boots even generic ones in 3 rides...

I only assumed ur doing something wrong because its not normal for someone to destroy a pair boots even generic ones in 3 rides...

I destroyed the soles on a pair of Tech 8s in less than 10 rides. I have stock pegs with rounded off teeth so that's not the problem. I've repaired the soles with Shoe Goo a few times and that stuff is way more durable than whatever Alpinestars makes their soles out of.

I ride a 2-stroke so I'm not a lot of help as far as how they hold up against the pipe. They rest of the boot does hold up pretty well(minus the bottom strap). There is also a Jett Pro that just came out, maybe they fixed some of the quirks. If you have a skinny leg, like I do, you'll need the smaller shin plate as well.

Just to throw this out there but has anyone looked at Forma boots!? They used to build boots for Fox. I just picked up a set, stiff as hell though. It's a hinged design boot, super comfy. I have only had two rides on them but so far everything is good. I bought the Dominator with the inner booty. Again, just an idea, sorry for any confusion.

Also, between the Jett and Tech 7, I would get the Jett boots.

I destroyed the soles on a pair of Tech 8s in less than 10 rides. I have stock pegs with rounded off teeth so that's not the problem. I've repaired the soles with Shoe Goo a few times and that stuff is way more durable than whatever Alpinestars makes their soles out of.

i just dont get it i get it my tech 10s look brand new and i have way more than 10 rides on them.. Its a 450 so u know u gotta kick it pretty good too.

The tech 10s have a replaceable sole so i would think they wouldnt care much about wear characteristics but mine still look new..