Sign in to follow this  

Got a pair of Sidi Crossfires...now I can't shift lol

I literally have to sit all the way forward, and angle my foot under it in order to shift. Did a few searches, but nothing definitive. Do I just need to break these in, or can I extend the shifter?

NiTMg.jpg

Depending on what type of riding your doing and your preferred riding position, you can lift the gear lever by one spline and give your self some more room, or alternately there is after market gear levers which are longer than the OEM lever offering more room.

If this is your first time with real riding boots as opposed to say work boots, you will most likely have to raise the lever by a spline.:bonk:

I should add, that is the point of good boots, to limit ankle movement and hence limit ankle extension which limits PAIN.

I'm sure as they break in you will find them more comfortable and more capable of ankle movement.

Did not know I could adjust it higher, sweet, I will try this. Thanks guys.

Depending on what type of riding your doing and your preferred riding position, you can lift the gear lever by one spline and give your self some more room, or alternately there is after market gear levers which are longer than the OEM lever offering more room.

If this is your first time with real riding boots as opposed to say work boots, you will most likely have to raise the lever by a spline.:bonk:

I should add, that is the point of good boots, to limit ankle movement and hence limit ankle extension which limits PAIN.

I'm sure as they break in you will find them more comfortable and more capable of ankle movement.

I'm gonna give it a try and see, also gonna add on a MSR lever

This is my first time with the dirt/SM style boots, I've always worn my Vertigo Corsas until the zipper blew out. I'm actually riding with the new Vortice Airs right now, since I can actually shift with them :smirk:

with my shifter the end of it was turned down a bit, and it made it hard to get the toe of my boot under it. Once i straightened that out, it got a lot easier. The boots will break in and become easier to shift with though.

great boots though. love mine. (just wish they didnt squeak when i walk in them)

... The boots will break in and become easier to shift with though.

great boots though. love mine. (just wish they didnt squeak when i walk in them)

Yep, they take a bit to break in. I have a standard length Renthal shift lever with a knurled end, it's easier to feel than the OEM rubber. Plus it doesn't leave a black mark on my white boots. Set the buckles up loose at first to give yourself some extra movement.

I just got my first pair of MX/Offroad boots for Christmas. Moose M1s (cheap but they are my first pair) I tried raising the shift lever one notch up on the splines but kept getting false nuetrals. Going to break them in a bit more and probably get an extended shift lever.

I got a new pair of AXO Dart boots several months ago. They needed some breaking in, and I did it the same way I have broken in hiking boots in the past: mow the yard and vacuum the house in them. The wife doesn't seem to mind.

i have the SIDI crossfire , i have the MSR 1'' longer shift lever and pivot pegz

Hey Chooken do you happen to have a picture of the the MSR +1 shift lever on your bike? I'm thinking about ordering one today. :bonk:

EDIT: Nevermind I did a search and found smrookie's review.

Hey Chooken do you happen to have a picture of the the MSR +1 shift lever on your bike? I'm thinking about ordering one today. :bonk:

EDIT: Nevermind I did a search and found smrookie's review.

I still have the shifter. PM me if you're in interested. I'm in CA at the moment.

I still have the shifter. PM me if you're in interested. I'm in CA at the moment.

I already have one ordered. I work at a dealer so I get parts at cost. Thanks any way though. Maybe contact the OP. He is in Cali too. :bonk:

I already have one ordered. I work at a dealer so I get parts at cost. Thanks any way though. Maybe contact the OP. He is in Cali too. :bonk:

Oops! Sorry guy, that was meant for the "original poster." :smirk:

I'd say my Alpine Stars Tech 7's have had plenty of "break in" time. I've walked miles in the woods with them trimming trails, walked around the house, went riding with them, etc.

I still have trouble shifting.

I have to take my foot off the peg to downshift(it's as high as it can go without hitting the chain guard), and I still have trouble getting my foot under the shifter.

And this is with the MSR+1 shifter.

Size 13's.

I'm much more comfortable riding in my hunting boots, even though I know they offer no protection.

with my shifter the end of it was turned down a bit, and it made it hard to get the toe of my boot under it. Once i straightened that out, it got a lot easier. The boots will break in and become easier to shift with though.

Walk in a pair of Forma Dominators, your boots will seem quiet after that!

I ground the bottom of the chain guard out slightly so that I could move the shifter lever up two clicks. Made a huge difference but it still sucked getting use to riding boots.