Sign in to follow this  

a sad day at the shop

Went to my local yammie dealer today and there wasnt a single two stroke on the showroom floor. Like, i dont get it! Have people just never ridden one or something? I am by no means baggin on thumpers,i own one myself, but like really, not a single one, not even a minnie!

:bonk::banghead::smirk:

Yea, it's totally retarded. I have read alot of posts on here of people looking for a new 2 stroke and can't get them at dealers.

MAX!!!

Have you been to a Husky, GasGas or KTM dealer lately? I rarely see YZ's in any of our local dealers either, I'm told they don't get many and they disapear very quickly... If I was Yamaha USA, that might be a clue we should import more of them :bonk:

they have had a 2011 yz250 at the local dealership for like a year, no one wants a 2t moto bike here, the only 2ts that sell are ktms and gasgas's. Id love to bring the yz home but i just cant afford it:banghead:

theres a brand new 2011 yz250 and y125 at my local dealer but no one wants them becuase of the prices! i was lookin at the 250 but i was able to pick up a used one and rebuild plus more for less then the cost of the new one. just isnt worth buyin a new 2T in my opinion

Yeah thats probably true about people buyin ktm 2t's. Seems like theyre much more up to date technology-wise.

maybe they just sold them all!!!:bonk::smirk::smirk:

just wondering, what are they seller for around the states? Here in on the Olympic Penn. they are selling for a shake over 7.

theres a brand new 2011 yz250 and y125 at my local dealer but no one wants them becuase of the prices! i was lookin at the 250 but i was able to pick up a used one and rebuild plus more for less then the cost of the new one. just isnt worth buyin a new 2T in my opinion

Trippin......:bonk:

True ...everyone has their own opinion.

I've seen some 2 strokes at some of the dealers. But seems like they want top dollar. But the true die hards are paying it. Our sport isnt cheap. No matter if 4 stroke or 2 stroke. Ride what you going to ride.

same here, another problem for all the dealers is that KTM lowered their price of a new bike by £1000, thats a big saving. Now other dealers are having to try and lower the price by what they can for other models.

Another problem is for those trying to sell their used KTM's, noone wants a used bike when they can spend a small amount more and get a brand new one.

I'd almost lay money down that Kaw will have a 2 stroke in the line up next year.

I'd almost lay money down that Kaw will have a 2 stroke in the line up next year.

Really??? :bonk:

$10 says they wont have a 125cc or 250cc

they have had a 2011 yz250 at the local dealership for like a year, no one wants a 2t moto bike here, the only 2ts that sell are ktms and gasgas's. Id love to bring the yz home but i just cant afford it:bonk:

Sure you can, it's called financing:lol:

MAX!!!

Really??? :bonk:

$10 says they wont have a 125cc or 250cc

I want in on this action, $100

MAX!!!

There's a yz125 and 250 at my local shop, and i'm in Australia. I thought they would be a lot more popular in the states.

I've also seen a ridiculous about of KTM 2 strokes hitting the trails out here. It would seem 4 strokes are declining a bit.

They can always order it for you if you want one. My dealer didn't have any in stock either back in October. When I went and told them I wanted 2 2012 YZ125's they called the Yamaha warehouse right in front of me and ordered a crate them. 2 weeks later I had my bikes.

One thing that may repel some of them is that the 2 strokes come in crates of 2. If they want to order just one bike they have to sell the second one to another dealer.