Sign in to follow this  

pw50 building power specs

im new on here i see theirs lots of older post on this topic but just have some questions....i've read to put a bigger carb. on a pw50....bigger carb. or just bigger jets?? read to shave the heads to get the 10:1 comp. ratio how much to take off? how much will be to much? theirs some samped writing on the underside of the head. would removing all of the writing be to much??where to get thid qt50 ring gear looked all over nothing less than about 150 dollars??any idea where else to find this gear cheaper???whats the most common plase to shop for pw accessories at a good price???? thanks for any help

for parts, ebay, peewee cycle, or pw50.com.

depending what you want to do with it, will dictate what you need for parts.

if you are an adult and wanting to ride it, i would put a 60cc kit and maybe a qt gear for bottom end. if you do that, you will have to adjust your jetting too. ditch the air box, because it is super restrictive and use a open filter.

i would look at gusseting the frame backbone and neck, because they bend easily.

If its for your kid, tune it up, put in a qt gear and let him have fun.

ok so its for my 4yr old but up small inclines it strugles so just lookin to make a lil better. im going to install qt gears. i'll leave the motor at 50cc but i want to do the clyider and head. i've read on here that these motors run at 5:1 and getting it to around 10:1 is alot better but i have no clue on how much to take off the head to get it to that.

if you are taking off the head, you may need to rework the dome too in order to have the right squish and keep it in spec.

i would try a qt gear first. ebay has them often, you just have to keep an eye out for them.

keep it tuned, clean filter, etc. and it should run good.

It should have no problem with a four year old and small inclines. Have you tried cleaning the carb and air filter? Start there.

Next, check the exhaust for restriction.

Last, do a compression check, I wouldn't be surprised if it's time for new rings.