Sign in to follow this  

best advice on 450's

I am looking for a 450 in the year range 2007-2010 ish. I dont have any objections to any brands. so im open to any bike. i know there all great. but i wanna know the flaws to the brands? i just dont know much about them. so if you could give me your input that would be great!

2008 or 09 KLx 450R is a good choice, you can find them new or slightly used for a great price and seem to have some good reviews on here. It seems like a jack of all trades bike, kinda what you are looking for.

Why don’t you figure out what type of riding you will be doing most and buy a bike set up for that type of riding? Or you could buy any 450 as you state and modify it for that type. Modern 450 bikes are the best on the planet. Any of them. Rather than focus on what is “wrong” with a bike, focus on the type of riding and purchase accordingly. No matter what 450 you buy it will need maintenance and repairs. Bikes are mechanical items and mechanical items fail over time needing repairs and maintenance. Your individual riding style and maintenance schedule will determine the “life” and “reliability” of the bike more than the manufacture brand. Good luck.

2008 crf450r - great bike, great motor. Put a rekluse and gear down the front sprocket. you will have more than enough power for the track and it will work great in the woods. The rekluse will help keep the arm pump down as well as the stalls. The maintenance can be a pain and if you aren't good about it it can cost you a lot in the long run. If you want a bike to ride with little to no maintenance go with a smoker. I have both and if I had to chose a bike for the track or to really haul as the 4 stroke puts the power to the ground much faster via torque and traction