Sign in to follow this  

Stolen Bed Mat Victims

I recently did a search to see how guys are securing bed mats in trucks as I discovered that mine had been stolen. I found a few ideas on here but nothing too practical.

Knowing I hadn't parked my truck anyplace "unsafe" I was having a hard time comprehending that someone had stolen it.

After thinking about it for a while I went to the car wash I had gone through a week before I noticed it had been "stolen". Lo and behold, not only did they have my bed mat, but two others as well!!!

So if your bed mat has turned up missing, try the last "buff and scratch" you went through. I now check before leaving the car wash.

My bed mat once blew out when the truck was parked! It was a blustery day, with swirling wind and occasional strong gusts.

Friggin crooks are stealing everything ! Bed mats, cat converters, diesel particulate filters, tail gates, etc.

I did have a bed mat blow out once going down the interstate (watched it happen), but never one stolen.

Not a problem for me. Some of the trucks I had in school were so beat, no one even parked next to them.... Plywood makes for a nice bed mat.... Oh and I don't go through the car wash either... So my bedmats always stay right where I put them...

If you want a plastic bedliner, and can't find one being given away on CL, just head to your nearest highway department shop-they always have a few stacked up that were "Lost and found" on the roadways.

Well 50lbs spread out over the size of pick up bed is a lot different than a 50lb bag of concrete. It's kinda like saying why does a boeing 747 fly and my D9 dozer doesnt. They weigh the same don't they? :smirk:

Do you have something against bedliners? I understand bedmats are nice if you have topper on your truck, but if you don't have a topper wouldn't a full bedliner do a much better job of protecting your truck bed? I'm not sure why someone would steal it, since bedliners and bed mats are usually easily had for little to no money on cl.

Do you have something against bedliners? I understand bedmats are nice if you have topper on your truck, but if you don't have a topper wouldn't a full bedliner do a much better job of protecting your truck bed? I'm not sure why someone would steal it, since bedliners and bed mats are usually easily had for little to no money on cl.

Topper or not, those plastic bedliners rub on the bed, chafing off the paint over time. Any condensation that occurs just accelerates the rot.

Topper or not, those plastic bedliners rub on the bed, chafing off the paint over time. Any condensation that occurs just accelerates the rot.

Exactly...pull your plastic bedliner up after 6 months...it looks like someone took tome 100 grit on a DA to the entire bed. Spray ins are nice, but too expensive for the benefits and too slick when wet.

Exactly...pull your plastic bedliner up after 6 months...it looks like someone took tome 100 grit on a DA to the entire bed. Spray ins are nice, but too expensive for the benefits and too slick when wet.

I have a rhino liner in my Chevy, and that thing is anything but slick, even when wet.

I have a rhino liner in my Chevy, and that thing is anything but slick, even when wet.

when you say"a rhino liner" are you speaking of the spray on stuff?

I bet it blew out, See mats and bedliners on the side of the highway all the time. It's not just mph but gusts and side winds than can get it to lift, once air is under it off she goes.

when you say"a rhino liner" are you speaking of the spray on stuff?

Yes, it's a professionally sprayed in product. Very grippy, even when wet. Very thick, too. It's got a texture to it, and doesn't clean up easily if you get something like wet clay mud in there.

thats what i thought you meant but the way you said it was confusing, like you went out and got a rhino lining and put it in your bed hahaha

Best way to prevent this is pony up and get a spray in bed liner. I have a line-x in my truck that carries a lifetime warrenty and is super grippy. It also extends the life of your truck bed. Those bed rugs and cheap plastic liners just trap moisture and are useless IMO. Ok, maybe not useless, but still.