Sign in to follow this  

WR 250 wiring diagram: same in 2001 and 2002?

Hey guys, i havent got an owners manual for my WR250 2001, although i did find one online for the 2002 model.

I need to fix up the wiring- will it be the same for both models?

Or will I have to find a 2001 manual?

cheers, jason

cheers mate. although i cant manage to find the kill switch on the diagram :bonk:

Hi guys

speaking of wiring does anyone know where the front brake hydraulic switch plugs into??

I have a wr250 02 and trying to get it reregistered and the wires have been ripped off the old switch. i have a new switch and dont know /cant find the plug to plug it into.

The wiring diagram i found on the net doesnt even show the front brake switch or blinkers

Hope someone knows more about it.

Thanks Brian Wyborn

Australia

Hi Brian,

traditionally they are attatched to a small ( M5 / M6 thread) plunger switch on the brake lever / reservoir housing,

can you see any blank - unused threads around there ?? ,

Charlie

Just bought a 2001 wr250 with no headlight, taillight, horn or kill switch so am in the same boat of wiring it up with aftermarket bits.

Should have a little switch just under the front brake leaver with a yellow and green wire that plus into a yellow and green wire on the wiring loom. Front leaver to brake light is the only thing working at this stage.

blinker wires behind headlight have round connectors and are light blue dark blue x 4

Edited by glennboy