Sign in to follow this  

CS Sprocket Nut-loose again.,

I checked it again this morning before my ride and it has worked itself loose again.

I cleaned it up and used Loctite last time it came loose, can't see why it would be loose so quickly again.:bonk:

i was told that using the oem sprocket helps as it has the rubber on the outside, and i was also told to crank it pretty tight

Loctite 680, I admit I have not torqued it as it's such a small bolt I'm afraid it will strip the threads.

By "torqueing it on", I think what was meant are your tightening it to the correct spec with a torque wrench.

The manual indicates that on this bolt, it's critical to do so to prevent it from coming loose.

Jim.

I admit I have not torqued it as it's such a small bolt I'm afraid it will strip the threads.

torque-wrench.jpeg

+

34200.jpg

Problem solved.

Edited by Justin Hambleton
Use blue loctite. I was lazy with the image search.

By "torqueing it on", I think what was meant are your tightening it to the correct spec with a torque wrench.

The manual indicates that on this bolt, it's critical to do so to prevent it from coming loose.

Jim.

+1

I would not use stronger than blue myself.

I do have a Torque wrench and know how to use it:thumbsup:

I'll clean it proper like Krannie suggested and see how I go.

Jim.

Exactly what I meant thanks

+1

I would not use stronger than blue myself.

Yeah, I don't know about using red. That's pretty strong stuff. Only time your supposed to use red is if you don't plan to take the bolt off again.

I've had the sprockets off on both the 250 and 450 serveral times and neither has come loose. The crtical thing I think is the torque.

The torque spec on that bolt is pretty hefty (something like 26 ft/lbs if I remember right).

That's a special washer on the outside, which needs sufficent force on it and it must be installed in the propert direction (has a slight cup to it).

Jim.

680 loctite I used on the DRZ CS nut and could always remove it.

It's done now, cleaned up as much as possible given you can't really get into the threads that much on the case.

After cleaning it, torqued to 23 ft.lbs and Loctite it's still coming loose:bonk:

Don't know what is causing it, gotta take a spanner with me if I'm going for a ride as I have to stop and tighten it.:smirk: