Sign in to follow this  

Didn't realize how lucky I was...

Check this out. I was out in the garage getting started on my winter mods on the Z when I spotted something on my rear tire. A nice, complete nail through one of the outer knobs. Scary thing is I have a tendency to ride the local trails by myself and have yet to get any spare tubes or tire spoons :bonk: Flame if you so desire, but noticing this has scared me enough to want to buy some spare tubes before the next time I hit the trails.

I don't remember running over any pieces of wood or anything like that... I tend to try to avoid that stuff if I can. Question I have here is: Is the tire still useable? Nail seemed to just go through the knob and not into the tire itself.

S5008375.jpg

Leave the nail in for extra traction.

Just kidding, you got lucky on this one. Pull it out and ride.

You know, I'm not seeing any wear on the nail head. Kinda makes me think the nail is photoshopped in. I never get that lucky with a nail in a tire.

Sorry, gonna keep it :bonk: But I have a couple spent 17" tires you can have... don't want you to blow away!

Our neighbor did a complete remodel of their garage and over a 3 week span I got 3 flats on my truck. You weren't riding through Glendale, Ca were you? LOL.

You know, I'm not seeing any wear on the nail head. Kinda makes me think the nail is photoshopped in. I never get that lucky with a nail in a tire.

:bonk:

S5008375m.jpg