Sign in to follow this  

Cleaning out my shed - XR400 parted out

In early 2000's, I had an XR400 that had some motor problems, so like any logical XR lover I broke down the bike and used the parts for spares on my 98 XR. I still have my plated '98, but unfortunately I don't get to ride as much as I like anymore and these extra parts are taking space up in my shed.

I don't want to just throw the parts out. Do you guys have any ideas of a place in Southern California that buys parts, or are there any thumpers out there who are rebuilding am XR who are in need of parts? I'm not trying to make a million bucks just trying to strum up extra cash for a wedding, and help out a fellow XR lover.

Rob

I'm interested in the intake manifold (carb to motor) if you have it. Don't want to pay ebay pricing to cut the rubber off.

Hey guys thanks for the responses; I got a little mixed up the bike is a 96 XR and I still have my plated 98. Virtually the same bikes. I didn't want to flood a thread with parts listing but here's the run down on the bike and the parts available:

Air box

Front light assembly

Carburetor

Low end -need rebuild

Top End - need rebuild

Stock exhaust

Supertrapp EAR exhaust

Frame

Sub frame

Swing arm

Front and rear wheel

Showa shock

Exhaust manifold

Fuel tank

Seat

I have pictures for most of the parts listed here, if you are interested either PM me or let me know. I have some other misc parts but I just jotted down most of the large parts I saw.

Do you have the title for the bike to match the frame VIN #?

I have the title that matches the VIN for the frame. Never had it plated in CA but if I remember right that doesn't really impact you in AZ

What do you want for the wheels shipped to 48071? I've been looking for a spare set to have as street wheels.