Sign in to follow this  

07 450 and 08 450 same air box?

I'm looking to pick up an K&N air filter system for my 08 450xcf, but I can only find them fitting up to an 07 ktm 450. Can anyone confirm if the two bikes have the same airbox design? same shape..

07 sxf has the same airbox as yours, all other 07 450's are not the same. I wouldn't recommed a K&N filter for an off road bike anyway. I tried one a while back, and even with their filter oil, it passed dirt like crazy.

I have to second the caution on the KN. When they first came out there were a number of issues with sealing the airfilter properly and a few people lost motors in the process. I talked with a company rep a while back and they have given up on promoting the dirt bike air filter line because of those problems. Again, not saying the filter doesn't work, but there were just too many customer issues with them.

hmm, ya I have heard about the filter either passing dirt or working fine. Instead of dropping a bill on it, i'll probly just pick up a twin air and call it good. Thanks for the info

hmm, ya I have heard about the filter either passing dirt or working fine. Instead of dropping a bill on it, i'll probly just pick up a twin air and call it good. Thanks for the info

Good call, you can't go wrong with a Twin Air.